New Addressable System

You want electronic horns? I was planning on doing those in the future (maybe Commanders or SpectrAlert Classics).

the chimes were a little different from each other

What do you mean, the sound, or appearance?

Sound. Two different pitches.

Based on her previous posts I think she meant electromechanical.

They were basically the same pitch, they just weren’t sounding at the exact same time. If they were electronic horns, there wouldn’t be a delay between both of them. If you were there in person, you would be able to hear it better.

Probably not soon, but I have been planning to do a test with a Wheelock 7002T in march time.

I meant electromechanical horns. Sorry for the confusion.

So are electromechanical horns like the SHG’s, where they are electronic, but mock the sound of a mechanical?

As I understand it, electromechanical and electric are the same, at least according to the main website. The 9838 Ben listed as “electric” and not “electromechanical”.

Electromechanical horns are horns that have different pitches. Like the 9838, 9219, 9806, 4051, Wheelock 7002T.

And I’m not sure if the SHG is electromechanical or electronic, since it only has two pitches.

When you say “electric”, do you mean electronic? I would consider the SHG electronic, because it has a piezo.

When she says electric, she means electromechanical. I would be very surprised if Simplex 4051 asked for electronic horns.

so would I

lol, okay I’m with you now.

The only electronic horn I like is the 9422 and its variants and that is due in fact to NewAgeServerAlarm’s middle school set-up. I used to like the AS since my elementary school had an older AS which is vertical, but then I got sick of hearing it since it is so common now.

Is that the only electric horn you like

Pretty much. Mostly because it looks like a 9219, but it sounds nice.

The truth has been revealed! :lol:

The ONLY 4903 NA I don’t like are the speakers. Not a big fan of speakers.

Why don’t you like it it looks the same

Because I grew up around horns and I like horns.