Old Fire Alarm Enthusiasts

[quote=cerbpyro post_id=86870 time=1586910819 user_id=3654]

NewAgeServerAlarm was also the first enthusiast I ever watched. One of my favorites will always be System Test 20 with those glorious mechanical horns.

[/quote]

I wish I remembered the first video I saw… I just remember going through and watching all of them straight through the day I found them.

[quote=TheAlmightyZach post_id=86871 time=1586911273 user_id=3249] [quote=cerbpyro post_id=86870 time=1586910819 user_id=3654]

NewAgeServerAlarm was also the first enthusiast I ever watched. One of my favorites will always be System Test 20 with those glorious mechanical horns.

[/quote]

I wish I remembered the first video I saw… I just remember going through and watching all of them straight through the day I found them.

[/quote]

I found his channel in late 2009, and I’m pretty sure I watched everything on there within a week of finding it.

I first heard about Andrew via Xsk8r114, (a former enthusiast who had LONG since retired by the time I found his videos) first new video by him that I watched was System Test 26, (now System Test 26.1) never stopped following him since then. And you know, his status going from “Administrator” to “Retired Staff” on this site is a lot like seeing Scott K. Oelkers, the former president of Domino’s Pizza Japan, (“Hello everyone, I’m Scott, president of Domino’s Pizza!”) have HIS status moved from “CEO” to “Retired”, especially since Andrew was probably one of the most well-known people in the alarm community. Still hope he’ll post the occasional video or two in the future like he said he would be. (same for the thesdx who said the same)

I started watching fire alarm videos at some point in 2007. If I’m not mistaken, the first one I came across was one of Dan Drega’s videos (probably his comparison of older and newer 270-SPOs). I also remember finding Brettman273’s channel, with his demonstration of a coded Edwards pull station and his homemade panel, and Gamealarm’s video featuring pictures of vintage devices.

I came across Twoplyboy’s channel in early 2008 and it quickly became one of my favorites. I was particularly fond of a video in which he showed a rather large Edwards Custom 6500 and its annunciator.

what about gamealarm

He was talked about some posts back, he HAS been inactive for the longest time though.

I still remember the first fire alarm video I ever watched back in 2011. It was Charlie Davidson’s video where he stuck an LED in his BG-12, making it like a BG12LX. I also remember the distorted audio from the alarms was kind of terrifying for 7-year-old me.

The first video I ever watched was SimplexTechs’s “School Fire Drill” with the -9805s going off in March time.

The earliest video I can remember watching, (which I believe was one of the ones that got me into alarms in the first place) was espiforenque’s (now “Nick’s Mad Science!”) “System Sensor SP2C2475 Speaker Strobe” video.

I remember when I was in 3rd grade that I was watching smoke alarm collection videos and stumbled apon one of Newageserveralarm’s videos where he had this demonstration board. And after that I seen system test 28(the loudest and craziest system test ever) and I was automatically interested in this hobby.

Does anybody remember Ronnocbot? :?: :?:

I do, not sure what’s been keeping him since his last video. Last year I DID see a few comment replies from him, but so far no real activity on his channel.