Rarest fire alarms you have seen inside a building

Sorry for the late reply, the call points are actually not the originals. The originals were made by Klaus Esser and were made entirely of metal.
But Siemens did some work on the building in the late 80s and early 90s. They mainly worked on the heating, but also replaced the call points.

The picture actually comes from the same guy from who I bought my ZETTLER call points

1 Like

I also found an old audio recording of myself from the system at the school I went to 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, I don’t remember much about this school.
I made a drawing of the fire alarm panel here as I can still remember it.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what the phone was for.
But I suspect it was for announcements over the loudspeakers.
I’m not 100% sure, but I suspect that the panel was built by ESSER. I believe the box under the FIRE light was the indicator which zone was activated.
I don’t know if the system is still used today.

Here’s a few for me, Edwards 892-2Bs: they were all over my middle and high schools (never saw them anywhere else). I did see 2903s in 2 buildings (local time library and a mall). A Macy’s at a local mall has a Secutron system with Gentex speaker/strobes (older ones with a rectangular strobe), never see them mentioned all that much.

I have seen two rare devices in my area. One is a Wheelock 7002-T on the outside of a coffee shop (inside system is a new conventional Gamewell system). The other extremely rare device that I have seen is a FIRE-LITE BG-5 under a STOPPER cover. this is inside an office depot (Will edit once I have pics)

EDIT
Just visited the Office Depot, ad it was not a BG-5. some other old Honeywell pull station like a T-Bar

Picture (not mine)

I also saw a Space Age AV32 and a Gentex SHG near the Century Bank building in my profile picture when we were in the USA (Salem, Massachusetts) for the first time a few years ago.

Sorry for the poor image quality, my laptop refuses to read the SD card with the image on it.

A gentex SHG isn’t the rarest my school has over 20 of them but that space age AV32 is a nice find, I have only seen a space age AV32 once at a really really old hotel

I found an article about Simplex that said they existed in Germany between 1966 and 1987.

Also saw this while I was in Esslingen last week.
IMG_0094

This appears to be one of those old Simplex U-Bar pull stations.
So that means that Germany actually had a pull stations some time ago.
I don’t know how many of these are left in Germany as I have never seen a pull station installed in a building in Germany before.

Here is a part of the German Simplex catalog that I found with the Simplex U-Bar.

Also does anyone happen to know what model this smoke detector is on the right?

Is it a smoke sensor? Kinda looks like an Edwards 245A to me.

Maybe, but I still think it looks a little different with the vents and it’s probably still something from Simplex.
The description doesn’t say that it can detect heat either. So it’s probably just a smoke detector.

1 Like

Two days ago I was finally able to make a audio recording of this system.
Now im going to try to remake it in audacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUp8Sf1pEg

1 Like

Thorn is all tyco/jci like what simplex is

1 Like

Yeah I know @Croatian_fire_alarms

This is my submission: Fire Alarms in Buildings (2.0) - #2262 by googleuser3212

I once saw a Wheelock 7002 with a vertical strobe inside of St. Joseph High School in Trumbull, CT! Also, I saw some Fire-Lite BG-5s and an AIP 270-SPO inside of St. Gabriel’s Church in Stamford, CT.

Where was the strobe placed? Was it in the middle of the device like an EH-EL1 or was it on the right side like a United Security Products FHS-24?

The strobe was placed to the right side, like this:

Was the lettering rotated to make it readable like a normal vertical strobe or was it just a regular 7002 mounted strangely?

The lettering was rotated to make it look like a normal vertical strobe.

If the grille was round, this could be a United Security Products FHS of some kind… Otherwise, there’s the Wheelock 7001 which could potentially match, but that is if these were avaliable with a vertical strobe.