School Bell & PA Systems

Also I forgot to mention that the school clocks are simplex, and also what do the chime tones sound like as seen on the tone chart?

Since my elementary school was renovated, I’m sure that they have a new PA system. I wonder what it is? And I also wonder what the old one was.

Well, My High School has a super high tech interesting bell system. It was installed in 2015 and it is a CareHawk CH1000. We use more than one bell tone. Since our high school has 2 buildings, there are students who need to transfer during the school day. So, a soft little warning chime will ring to indicate they need to get on the bus. We also have a 1 minute warning Bell, which is a loud “Church Gong” tone. Our main bell is the normal CareHawk Bell. Our all call tone is a 4 notes descending down tone. Want to hear these tones? Here’s a link to my google drive folder that contains a whole bunch of tones that I have collected:

Those tones for your school certainly do sound very interesting and incredibly neat! I like how they are set up!

Is there a list of all possible Rauland Telecenter ICS tones you can choose? I’m talking about the ones where you can dial #3[tone]* and it plays that tone selected over the intercom.

[quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=83066 time=1549498414 user_id=4181]

Is there a list of all possible Rauland Telecenter ICS tones you can choose? I’m talking about the ones where you can dial #3[tone]* and it plays that tone selected over the intercom.

[/quote]

I recently got a hold of all the Rauland Telecenter ICS and ICS2 tones in .wav format. There are 9 Time Tones and I believe 15 general purpose and alarm tones.
Interested?

[quote=jm2014 post_id=83237 time=1551403322 user_id=3106] [quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=83066 time=1549498414 user_id=4181]

[/quote]

I recently got a hold of all the Rauland Telecenter ICS and ICS2 tones in .wav format. There are 9 Time Tones and I believe 15 general purpose and alarm tones.
Interested?

[/quote]

I am.

Ambler Avenue Elementary | California
Kindergarten & First Grade: Bogen MC2000
[list]

• Classrooms had Bogen-manufactured phones and Room Paging
    Usual Bogen Page Tone
    Used 6 inch bells for Arrival, Dismissal, and Fire Safety
    Indoor Speakers were Bogen Wall speakers with a Slanted Backbox
    Outdoor Speakers were Atlas speakers (model idk) The speaker was silver and was in a cylindrical shape

• [/list]
    After Spring Break, the school integrated into electric Tone bells and used the mechanical bells for Fire Safety only. (Bell Tone was 500hz Continuous for five seconds)
    UPDATE: The Fire alarm system has been replaced with Spectralert Advances HRs and P2Rs since it was an outdoor school.

Gooch Elementary | Texas
    Second & Third: Bogen Intercom System
    Used Press To Talk Microphone (No Page Tone)
    Used Wooden Brown Speakers in Classrooms and Portables, No Hallway Speakers
    Mechanical Bells around the Building for Arrival, Dismissal, and All Clear.
    PreK/ Kindergarten Wing had Ceiling Speakers inside the Hallways and Classrooms, No Bell Tone since the Mechanical Bells were audible throughout the hallway.

Bush Elementary | Texas
    School opened in 2011
    Fourth & Fifth: Rauland Intercom System
    Bell Tone: 1360Hz single Tone for Five Seconds
    Somewhat a Page Tone, a clicking noise before announcement
    Press-to-Talk Microphone (First two Months was a Rauland Microphone but the Microphone malfunctioned and was replaced with a Shure Microphone)
    Room Paging Available (1360Hz for 0.5 Seconds)
    Telecenter Call Buttons inside Classrooms
    Building was Comprised with 1x2 In Ceiling Speakers, Outdoor Speakers were Rauland ACC Speakers with Backboxes, Restroom were comprised with 8” Speakers, Gym had Bullhorns.
    Rauland Analog Clocks throughout the building and inside Classrooms

Walker Middle School | Texas
    Sixth, Seventh, & Eighth: Bogen Intercom System
    Bell Tone: 800Hz single tone for 4 seconds
    Press-To-Talk Microphone
    Room Paging was available in some rooms
    Room Paging Tone: 475Hz for 0.5 seconds
    The Bell Schedule used to be controlled by Simplex but was replace by Lathem.
    Bogen Speakers throughput the building and Wooden Brown Speakers in some parts of the building.
    1x2 In Ceiling Speakers inside of the Cafeteria only.

Creekview High School | Texas
    First Semester of Ninth Rauland Telecenter ICS
    Bell Tone: Four 515Hz Chimes
    Page Tone: 475Hz for 1 Second
    Room Paging was Unknown
    Atlas VT-157UCN Speakers Outdoor
    Rauland 1x2 In Ceiling Speakers throughout the Building
    Rauland ACC 8” Speakers inside the Cafeteria
    Rauland 2522 Clocks in the Core Hallways of the Building (12 clocks in total)

Turner High School | Texas
    Second Semester of Ninth, Tenth, & Eleventh Telecor II/XL
    Multiple Tones Used:
    Ten Minute Warning Bell: 800hz Pulsated
    Two Minute Warning Bell: 300hz Pulsated
    Class Change Bell: 580Hz for 4 Seconds
    Emergency Bell Tone: 150hz Pulse Eight times
    Page Tone: 200hz Pulse Five Times
    Hall Clearing Bell: 200hz Tone for 5 seconds
    (Junior year is the first year that the school used the Emergency Tone)
    Speakers were a mixture of Telecor, Atlas, and Quam speakers.
    No room Paging in the school
    Press-To-Talk Microphone (includes Page Tone)
    Telecor STB Clocks in METSA and ROTC Building only

To listen to most of the tones:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M8KOWFQsHcGruQftM2F6rMxGnWFj2IXA

[quote=xmikology post_id=83444 time=1554058951 user_id=5047]

Multiple Tones Used:

[/quote]

I’m curious to know if that “Emergency Bell” is your school’s tornado drill signal…

[quote=jm2014 post_id=83237 time=1551403322 user_id=3106] [quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=83066 time=1549498414 user_id=4181]

[/quote]

Interested?

[/quote]

I don’t know why but I just saw this quote today.
    I just sent in a request to see the files. Please don’t mind accepting it. :slight_smile:

hey can i have access to the goggle drive folder with the rauland tones thanks

[quote="Gentex SPK4" post_id=83453 time=1554242690 user_id=3486] [quote=xmikology post_id=83444 time=1554058951 user_id=5047]

Multiple Tones Used:

[/quote]

I’m curious to know if that “Emergency Bell” is your school’s tornado drill signal…

[/quote]

It’s used for Lockdowns and Severe Weathers mainly, sometimes they use it to test the system.

my school has a 1300 hz bell

Can anyone identify this paging tone that I sometimes hear at my local Rite Aid, tried my best to match the tone and frequency as possible. For the record, they use generic phones on the front counters to page.

[quote="Gentex SPK4" post_id=81299 time=1533847981 user_id=3486]

Reposting mine:

Edgewater Public Elementary (1998-2003; Pre-K, K-1)
    PA System
    Rauland Telecenter IV
    Speakers, Call-in Switches
    [list]

• [*]Rauland, and Bogen baffle speakers throughout the main building, the cafeteria had ceiling mounted Rauland speakers
  • [*]Buildings 6-9 have ceiling mounted Rauland ACC speakers
  • [*]Outside there were old Rauland horn speakers
  • [*]The whole school used Rauland call-in switches
  • [/list] [i]Bell[/i] 1250hz tone over the intercom for 5-seconds. There are the remains of an older bell system (notably the motors for old Faraday vibrating bells, but there is also a 4-inch bell in the cafetorium!)

Indian River Elementary (1999; Pre-K)
    PA System
    Dukane MCS350
    Speakers, Call-in Switches, Clocks
    [list]

• [*]Inside, there were Dukane speakers throughout (ones in the classrooms were wall-mounted).
  • [*]Outside had Dukane Baffle speakers
  • [*]Classrooms also had call-in switches
  • [*]The school also had a master clock system since the campus had Digital clocks throughout the campus (I remember my pre-K classroom having one)
  • [/list] [i]Bell[/i] 850 hz chime tone over intercom

Spruce Creek Elementary (2003-2007; 2-5)
    PA System
    Rauland Telecenter IV
    [list]

• [*]Rauland, and Bogen baffle speakers throughout the campus, the cafeteria had ceiling mounted Rauland speakers
  • [*]Buildings 10 and 12 have ceiling mounted Rauland ACC speakers
  • [*]Outside there were old Rauland horn speakers
  • [*]The whole school used Rauland call-in switches
  • [/list] [i]Bell[/i] 1250hz tone over the intercom for 5-seconds. Just like Edgewater, there are the remains of the old bell system (i.e. motors of old bells, and even a few 10 inch bells outside)

Creekside Middle School (2007-2010; 6-8)
    PA System
    Rauland Telecenter IP
    [list]

• [*]Inside there are ceiling mounted Rauland ACC speakers
  • [*]The gym has megaphone speakers
  • [*]Outside, there was a mix of flush-mounted speakers (Rauland)
  • [*]All classrooms have Rauland Call-in Switches
  • [/list] [i]Bell[/i] 500hz chime tone over intercom

Spruce Creek High School (2010-2014; 9-12)
    PA System
    Rauland Telecenter VOIP
    [list]

• [*]Classrooms, media center, and O-Wing have ceiling mounted Rauland ACC speakers
  • [*]Hallways have wall-mounted Rauland ACC speakers
  • [*]Outside, and in the cafeteria, auditorium, and gym there are Rauland megaphone speakers
  • [*]Classrooms have Rauland call-in switches
  • [/list] [i]Bell[/i] [list]
  • [*]Main bell is a 515hz chime over the intercom, warning bell is a 825hz chime over the intercom. Sometimes there would be a 1150hz chime tone. Outside there are old 10 inch bells that are painted over.
  • [*][i]Misc Notes:[/i] This system also has the capability to broadcast music over the intercom (but this has only been (VERY) rarely used in my freshman and sophomore years), but has the capability to broadcast live audio from a DVD player
  • [/list]

[/quote]

Updating.

My middle school’s PA system (opened 1980)

PA system when the school opened: unknown

PA system when school was renovated (possibly installed around that time)(2004-2005): Bogen Multicom 2000.

Bell tones used: All clear tone: Bogen tone 2, Class change bell: Bogen tone 1

in 2016, a District-wide PA system replacement occurred and the Bogen multicom 2000 was removed as a result

New PA system: Rauland Telecenter U

bell tones used: Paging tone: 520hz tone, Class change bell: 720hz tone

Can anyone identify this PA speaker

Can anyone give me those wav files of the rauland telecenter ics tones I want them so bad

My elementary school and my intermediate School has a simplex bell system. My middle School has a bogen system. My high school has a bogen system and a rauland system ( I think ) occasionally I’ll here a rauland pa tone before a pa announcement

Bumped. Sorry!