System sensor MASS

Jan. of 1991 was a good month! :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel as though the ADA version of the MASS came out around '94 or '95. Iā€™m not sure if the original came out in 1984, but if not, it couldnā€™t have been much longer after that.

Yeah, it looks like the Wikipedia editor made a guess that the MASS was introduced when System Sensor was founded, which I think is a little too early. Wheelock had claim to the first electronic horn/strobes the following year, and the earliest date Iā€™ve seen on a MASS was 1989.

I remember looking up the original patent for the MASS long ago, and I seem to remember it filed by BRK or Pittway around 1987.

There doesnā€™t appear to be patent information anywhere on the document or my device. Also, the page is long so some of the footer with the contact and copyright information didnā€™t make it onto the scanning bed. Notice the ā€œDivision of BRKā€ designation.

Hereā€™s a link to the document:

http://kcin556alarmwebsite.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/6/8/10689764/system_sensor_ma1224l.pdf

On the topic of the MASS (although this isnā€™t about the year of introduction), does anyone have a list of all the suffixes and what they mean? (-I, -A, -O, -ADA, etc.) Iā€™m curious to see how many different variants there were.

Probably 1994 since the copyright year on the manual for my MASS was from that particular year.