What Are Your Fire Alarm Stories?

I once drove by a Panera Bread and alarms going off in code-3. I couldn’t tell what Alarms they were but I’m pretty sure they’re Wheelocks.

The topics titled

“fire alarms going off”
“Fire alarms going off in hotels”
“Fire alarm drive by’s”

have all been merged into this topic.

I need to remind people to PLEASE follow the forum rules.

1. When making a new topic, check to make sure nobody else has already posted it.

It was a little kid. Our lobby on Saturdays is usually packed, and a mother was with her kid right near the pull station, so they pulled it.

Why wouldn’t it be legal? Most of the time there are false alarms, we call the FD off, so they don’t come, and then usually the people in the building reset the system and everything. I was the only one working who had experience with the FA system (I had to teach my manager how to use it after, since she had forgotten how to).

ive got two
#1 I was in a hotel with my mom and grandparents.It was 11:00PM, and the system was a fire lite system. and what was worse was they had system sensor Spectralert Advances in the halls, and they were located 2 rooms apart,and they were on high, and mini spectralert advance horns in rooms, with BG-12 Ls. It went off and grandma reached at the alarm clock to turn it off. but mom went out in the hall and they were going off. we went out and grampa didnt come. are aunt and uncle got him later. we got out, and it went off because the pool was STEAMED up.
#2 I was in school around 10:00. We had a drill 4 days earlier, and i was reading. then the alarms went off. those truealerts were VERY loud. we went outside, and it went off for 45 minutes on and off.

I have 3.

1. In the 4th grade, I was at my desk and suddenly had to go pee, So I asked my teacher and she said it was fine. So I went, did my business and was walking out. As I walked out of the stall. Some kids threw a wet piece of toilet paper to the roof and by coincidence the piece of paper hit the heat detector (it hit it really hard and got damaged, and is still there.) and activated the alarms, I remember yelling and running to my class which by my luck was already walking to the field so they weren’t that far. I also remember hearing the ambulances sirens going off with some EHS’s and I thought it was rather cool. If I remember right, those kids ran too but waled to there class to look innocent. And also, those kids still go to my middle school!

2. In the beginning of the 5th grade, I wanted a fire alarm so bad, up until summer of 2011 I stopped making fake ones. But I was in some sort of after-school program for taking care of kids until there parents can pick them up. My parents finally came to pick me up and I went to the rest room and I saw the heat detector in the bathroom, so I tried pulling it off but accidentally pulled off the disc. And back then I didn’t know that if you bent the disc the alarms would sound. So I set the alarms off and didn’t even know what I did until a few months back. I thought that my hands were so hot that they tripped the heat detector. Also, please don’t tell em stuff like “OMG WHAT DID U DO UR SO DUMB BLA BLA BLA” Because I didn’t even know what I did.

#) This happened recently, I was walking in the lunch line and suddenly my school alarms go off. I remember hearing the Integrities do this; “CLICK NAAAA NAAAA NAAAA -------- NAAAA NAAAA NAAAa. etc” After they went off, alot of screams were heard, and after that they just chirped a few times. VERY Amusing. Also just to share, my panels fire alarm went off 373 times all together, it said it on the annunciator. I’ll try to take a pic sometime.

The moral of the story you ask? Never play with heat detectors unless you want an alarm to go off.

To me it is, don’t mess with fire alarms, you might never know what can happen.

Heh heh heh…

To me it is, don’t mess with fire alarms, or you’ll get arrested.

Everytime someone pulled the fire alarm in my elementary school, I wondered if they would get arrested and now I know mostly they were probably charged and them or their parents would pay a fine.

Have you ever been on a trip and the fire alarm goes off? I have 2 stories.

1. We were in Lincoln, Nebraska, and we were going to bed. At 11:00 PM, we heard a code 3 piezo. Grandma hit the alarm clock and it didnt stop. Mom and us walked out when every 10 feet, SPECRALERT ADVANCES were on high VOLUME. Grampa stayed in the room when Uncle Scott and his family picked him up. Uncle scotts family took the time to DRESS when the alarm was blaring!!! Whe walked outside in 20 degreesof weather. We heard in the pool area spectralert advance speaker strobes on voice evac. After we were allowed to come back in, we asked what happened. A system sensor i3 was set off by STEAM!!! We were all grumpy in the morning(LOL).

2. Me, Damien, Darian, and Zach were having a conversation when Darian said he would take a shower. We were talking when siemens piezo horn strobes got set off in continuous. Darian rushed out of the shower and forgot a towel! The teachers and students RAN!!! Mrs. PInedo jumped Darian. A little bit later the alarm sounded again

These stories are really random and it’s making it confusing for me to read. Is there any relation between the two stories or are they separate events? If not, where does the second story take place?

Also, in the first story, did the hotel have speaker/strobes throughout the entire building in the corridors or just the pool area?

The first story had voice evacuation in just the pool area. And the second story takes place at the Eagle Cliff Lodge at the YMCA of the rockies.

I wonder why would there only be voice-evacuation in the pool area? You would think that if they’re spending the money for it, why not just add voice evacuation in the rest of the building while they were at it.

It would be more expensive to do that, as there would have to be amplifiers all over the building, and speakers are a lot more expensive than horns. Also, the pool area could have been renovated or added on since the original construction of the building.

I asked the front desk and it was built in 2008 and the pool also 2008.

That’s weird. Hotels often have voice evac, and for the pool to only have it? Were they built at the same time, or was the pool added in later that year? Maybe they thought it would be out of their budget to install voice evac in the hotel, and the pool area needed special instructions provided over voice evac.

It all has to do with occupancy. Areas in hotels like pools, halls, etc. need voice evacuation since many people are in there at one time. Remember the Station Nightclub fire? If buildings had voice evacuation (like The Station), people wouldn’t panic during a fire, knowing they must “walk to the nearest exit.”

Good point, I didn’t think about that. Too bad during a fire alarm people can’t calm down and use common sense.

Common sense needs to be renamed…

Uncommon sense.