What fire alarm brands are most common in your area?

Lots of Notifier, some simplex, some Gamewell, Fire lite, and a few Siemens.

OMG same here I actually met some one who works there

In my area, they have lots of Notifier, Fire-Lite, Simplex, & EST. My middle school had an EST system. My high school had Simplex, and my elementary school had Simplex but when I was there, it got replaced with EST.

In my area, there is mostly Honeywell and EST. There seem to be lots of Fire-Lite/ADT/Tyco Integrated Security systems in my area, with a couple of SK systems. the public library uses a very new Simplex 4100ES system, with 4099 pulls, and TrueAlert speaker strobes. Another older building has a conventional Gamewell system. Most of the public schools use the same installer, so they all have the Notifier 640 or 320 panels. most of the systems in my area are addressable even though there are not that big of buildings. once you go to my high school, you enter a different district, which uses a different supplier. They went with an EST3 with voice evac, and mass notification with “ALERT” speaker strobes instead of the traditional “FIRE” N/A’s. In summary, the main brands are Honeywell (Gamewell, ADT/Fire-Lite/TIS, Notifier, Johnson Controls) and EST. The only space that has a simplex system is the library.

In the downtown Dallas area, any Honeywell brand, and every once in a while some EST and Simplex, and pretty much every government building and airport has a Siemens system.

EST
HONEYWELL (Mostly crap “Security” Fire Panels.)
NOTIFIER
SIMPLEX
WHEELOCK

While most systems are Simplex, we have several other brands around. There are a good few that have lots of mixed devices, as well as lots of 80’s/90’s systems still going strong!

It is a mix of everything really. Can’t pinpoint one clear winner when only one building in the town has it. (It’s a very small town, so there are few buildings with actual fire alarm systems)

Honeywell has a decent presence in my hometown. The public school district uses Notifier (replacing older Edwards systems presumably). I see plenty of FireLite/Silent Knight/Gamewell-FCI in restaurants and smaller-scale buildings like it. EST has been popping up here recently, some newer buildings have EST systems in them. Simplex is mostly restricted to larger malls, though a local library has a small Simplex system.

It’s mostly colleges/universities in my area that use Simplex systems that are available in my area but every library I find around here is a honeywell system and any new stores/ large restaurants (most small ones don’t have a system) also uses those. Seems like only the medical campuses and large buildings in the big city use EST.

My state, Massachusetts, pretty much has everything. I’ll narrow it down a bit.

Hopkinton: Silent Knight and EST

Northbridge: mostly Simplex with some Honeywell systems here and there

Bellingham: Fire-Lite and Simplex. There are some old Simplex systems, but the one at second elementary had a Fire-Lite MS-9200UD. The fire station also has Fire-Lite, and I remember from a video I took when I was around 8.

Franklin: Honeywell and EST