What's the loudest fire alarm that you've heard?

Another time at my local Stop & Shop, one employee was cooking and there was smoke. That smoke set off a System Sensor i3. Then the worst came. System Sensor PC2R’s. And it was on the highest volume at 96 dBA. It was on Code 3 and thank God my ears could stand those horn strobes. I would like to hear a P2R with my bare ears, without ear protection. Somehow I like loud noises.

My school has wheelock ns’s too

Mine as well, Honestly, the loudest alarms Ive heard are the Pyrotronics MB-G6-24 and the MBDC-6S (Strobe version), Those things are ear piercing, since I have both of them near each other. (Different Rooms)

The loudest I have heard that I can remember would be the System Sensor SpectrAlert Classic.

My school is full of unsynchronized Wheelock NS’s in the building, it is very loud having 25 horn strobes going off eventually drifting into a steady beep with random devices sounding every second.

1 Like

I would say Simplex Truealearts, only because at my normal K-8 school we had Gentex Commander 3’s that were not that bad and at my summer school we had Truealerts that would Scare the HECK out of me.

My high school had quite a variety of different devices (which I’ll make a seperate post about later). I was in a portable for U.S.A. history back in early january 2020 (before the virus got into the country) and there was a student who did not like their 2nd period class so much that the student kept activating one of the pull stations to activate the whole fire alarm system for the school 3 times in a week. The System Sensor MASS notification appliances in the main building are set to continuous but thats no match for the combination of the Spectralert Advance and Wheelock NS I had to hear outside that portable. Inside the portable was Simplex Truealert and even that wasn’t as loud as the Advances and the NS combined.

1 Like

Honestly the 2901-9838 is one of the quietest mechanical horns I have ever heard, I think the Advance/L-series and Wheelock NS are the loudest

EDITED 11/23/23: The Simplex 4050s are also the loudest (vintage) alarm in my opinion, if not the loudest of all time.

I was at H-E-B, and the Wheelock MT is the loudest fire lark ever heard in a public installment.

I had all exceders in elementary school. Those things made me hate fire drills. Btw, those things were on high for 1st thru 4th grade. In fifth grade they were set on low. Middle school alarms are all EST. I’m exited to hear the pre-integretys.

not really a fire alarm, but the loudest horn ive ever encountered was an edwards 874-N5 adaptahorn. as far as actually fire alarms probably a 4050 or 4051.

Loudest fire alarm I’ve heard has to be the Eaton/Fulleon 24vdc centrifugal fire bell

Edwards 885ALD-AWC Is The Loudest That I Heard In Person. Amseco BZ-54VT Motor Horn, Spectralert Advance, Wheelock MT, Wheelock MB-G10, Federal Vibratone 350, Simplex 4030, 4051, 9838, 4903-9219, And Gentex GMS Are The Loudest That I Heard On YouTube