Will Siemens introduce a new line of notification appliances?

So it seems they will continue rebranding Cooper Wheelock products. How long though?

On a sidenote, they also rebrand the weatherproof AS, MT, RSS, E70, E90, CH70, and CH90, all which are also still in use under the Wheelock name.

Also, I thought i’d share a little something I found: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-NEW-SIEMENS-SMH-25WCP-MINI-HORN-FREE-SHIPPING-THE-SAME-BUSINESS-DAY/172712163574?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I don’t believe Siemens has a version of the Exceeder.

that looks almost exactly like that mircom mini horn… oh boy

that looks almost exactly like that mircom mini horn… oh boy
[/quote]

And I thought Siemens was also rebranding MIZ’s.

It is indeed a Mircom MH-25 mini-horn. Siemens has also been rebranding Mircom SP-series speakers and speaker/strobes for a few years. These devices appear to be available only for the Canadian market.

In my area, these rebranded Mircom signals were commonly used on Siemens systems installed between the mid 2000s and the mid 2010s, but the rebranded Wheelock signals (particularly the ZNS and E50/E60 devices) seem to have completely displaced these products today.

The Mircom Group of Companies is Wheelock’s partner company so for Siemens to rebrand Mircom stuff is not surprising since Mircom is either owned by Wheelock or partners with Wheelock.

Also, I remember NewAgeServerAlarm say Sylvania was working on fire alarms for SIemens.

There’s a lot of talk about this lawsuit on this site, but it doesn’t seem to me like something all that extraordinary in the world of business. Siemens purportedly copied some patented aspect of Wheelock’s sync protocol. Questions of whether it “should” have been seen that way, or whether Wheelock “should” have been able to enforce a patent on what they did, are kind of irrelevant.

Wheelock used their legal leverage to cut a settlement with Siemens, which from Siemens’ perspective was probably not a huge loss. Having their own line of notification appliances was probably not the most profitable thing, and Wheelock would provide them with exclusive backward-compatible sync devices at a decent wholesale price. Companies will often cut smaller departments to focus on their strengths, which for Siemens would be developing the next generation campus-scale network control panel.

Unless something changes dramatically with Siemens’ arrangement with now Eaton, I don’t see it making sense for them to change the status quo. Anything new they developed would have to be backward-incompatible in order not to infringe on the Eaton-Wheelock patent. And I’m sure they wouldn’t want to risk Eaton dropping them because they break the terms of Eaton being their exclusive supplier.

Well, it’s sad, but it’s true. Siemens will keep rebranding Eaton’s Cooper Wheelock devices. I am kinda dissapointed

I heard Siemens is also using System Sensor’s alarm signals now, in conjunction with Wheelock.

Wait, really?

This is the first that I heard of it.

Really? Are they gonna make the Spectralert Advance or what?

If they manufacture the advance or possibly the older SS alarms, what would the model number be?

Maybe the SH series if Spectralert or Advance?

Siemens only uses wheelock rebranded signals as of now (in the US market, who knows what they use elsewhere…). They also aren’t straight rebrands, but include the siemens sync protocal instead of wheelock’s sync protocal.

I assume Siemens will come out with an LED line eventually, since everyone else already has. Who they get those through, who knows… but I doubt they’ll start manufacturing their own again. What I do know is nothing new has been announced.

As someone else already mentioned, Cerberus and Wheelock were partners before Siemens bought Cerberus and Faraday and kind of forced Cerberus to switch gears and use Faraday signals. I think they probably welcomed Wheelock back happily after the lawsuit, no spite at all from the Cerberus side of the house.

I am kinda fine with the discontinuation. I mean, Siemens used rebranded Faraday signals. I was disappointed at first, but now I feel okay with it. I would donate 1,000,000,000USD for them to make their own signals though.

The only thing that makes me angry about the lawsuit is that because of it, they ended up discontinuing the mechanism used in the U-HNH which was the same in the 9219. Without the lawsuit, who knows how long they would have used that mechanism for.

Probably not that long. Electronic horns beat mechanical horns in terms of current draw and reliability.

Yeah I know but it would have been nice if they lasted just a little bit longer.

They were the last ones to use them even after most companies dropped mechanical horns.

And I for one would have liked to see how long they would have used them.