Worst fire alarm experience you've ever had.

Ugh… My worst experience was in 10th grade when the fire alarms were set off for a seinor prank approx. 3 times! The funny thing was that the ONLY pull station in the WHOLE building was in the main office by the principal’s office, so I did not even know how those morons managed to pull that off (No pun intended) (I do not actually know how the alarms were triped, nor did I ever figure out who the people behind it were, so this was my assumption). The worst part was that EVERY room had a SIEMENS 544803 horn and strobe in it, and were LOUD!! I was so nervous that my teachers let me go home early (I am afraid of loud sounds without ear protection). It was a rather tramatic day for me…

Once in the 4th grade out teacher told us we were gonna have a fire drill, I stood by my desk (my desk was the closest to the door, thankfully) and I had my head down covering my ears, I suddenly hear a whooping sound and I see a strobe flash. We walk out and they had the exit to the field blocked! I started to tear up, my teacher came up to me and asked “whats wrong?” I stopped crying and said “Nothing, at all”. Then we had to leave the school and walk around to go to the field. After the drill we went back and the alarms sounded again, they shut off quickly and then the PA announced “Attention all students, sorry for the interruption. The fire alarm system is malfunctioning, please disregard any alarms until further notice.” Then the freakin mini-horns kept sounding for about 10 minutes, Horrible. But that was in elementary, In fact, I would do anything for a fire drill here in Middle School.

That would make me hurt inside also. Simplex happens to be my favorite fire alarm company and if they tear down still working horns, I die a little bit more on the inside.

my worst fire alarm experience was when my house fire alarm went off at 2 am. we didnt feel like silencing it so until 6am we had to silence it. my next worse was when i was in the bathroom. we have a truealert hs next to the bathroom and our bathroom you just have to walk in no door. and i was 9!!!

So the fire alarm went off, and you just stayed in bed? Why even own one?

Can you please try to type coherently? You didn’t state what happened, only that there is a TrueAlert H/S next to your your bathroom.

i was in 4th grade. it was around 2:35 and i went to the bathroom. we have a simplex truealert horn strobe right next to the boys bathroom(thanks simplex). i just got sat down and the alarm went off. i zipped outta there very fast. i joined my class in the recess feild. like 5 minutes after we got back inside, the principal said " thanks for cooperating" that was THE worst alarm in my life.

oh and if your wondering we all were SUPER tired. we didnt feel like it. and the smoke alarm was made in 1992.

If you have something to add, please edit your first post instead of posting another post.

One time, I was in P.E. and it was my last period of the day. It was 11 minutes before the bell rang and my teacher said we were having a fire drill in 10 minutes. Some people pack their backpacks and after the bell, they go to the bus. But I don’t. My teacher said they would just dismiss us outside because we could have our bags. But, since I didn’t, I had to run up 3 floors to a wing that was far away from one of the gyms that I was in and pack up. Then I had to run back down to the mini gym and I had to change. I sat down panting, because I have bad asthma. I was sitting down, and my squad spot is right by the fire alarm, set to continuous, and plugged my ears. I heard the school bell ring and I walked out of the school, infuriated at my principle.

Wait, so the alarm didn’t go off at all?

Nope

Note: This school recently had a full renovation due to asbestos found in it.

I was in Language Arts, minding my own business, when the fire alarms (Truealerts and unknown Simplex horn strobes) decided to go off. These were set in Continuous. Ouch! The class was in confusion and didn’t evacuate. The fire alarms shut off after about 5 minutes and shortly afterwards, soaking wet kids came in because it was raining hard outside. The principal came on and said that, should the alarms go off again, everyone was required to evacuate. Guess what happened 5 minutes later? Yep, they went off again. And a third time. Both times we were required to evacuate. After about a half hour after the alarm went off the third time the principal said that Simplex was there and was working on the alarms, and not to evacuate. I was relieved to hear that. Our school has a very
troubled system.

Do you know what the alarms were before the TrueAlerts?

I don’t think that they’ve ever changed the alarms, except when they added the sixth grade wing, they added Simplex electromechanical horn strobes.