Worst Fire Alarm Panel?

[quote=Nazeo post_id=81276 time=1533665159 user_id=3511]

I’m curious to hear what makes the Simplex 4100+ your least favorite?

[/quote]

From my experience on these forums, a lot of “hobby” users point the finger at Simplex addressable equipment for being proprietary and generally inaccessible to hobbyists. Unfortunately, this disregards the incredible (in my opinion) capabilities of these systems. ConorTheFAguy6 may have a totally different reason, but that’s my 2 cents for their general reputation around the forums.

With that in mind, for everyone lets be careful of our “brand bashing” rule within the topic, and make sure that all claims against a certain product or manufacturer are based in fact or experience, rather than libel :wink: .

The full text of the rule can be found by following this link: <URL url="New Rule: Brand Bashing text=“viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7174”>New Rule: Brand Bashing

I haven’t seen any issue so far in this topic, so great job keeping this professional, guys!

[quote=Nazeo post_id=81202 time=1533222347 user_id=3511]

Faraday MPC 2000. […] that particular model is a new fire alarm guy trap

[/quote]

Gotta agree with you there - I purchased one of these to mess around with a few months ago, and programming is a very delicate procedure! They seem to be very prone to CPU crashes if a programming option is accidentally skipped or improperly configured - it will freeze the panel until you restart the unit and reprogram that option. Certainly wouldn’t call it the worst tho - now that it’s up and running, I think it’s really cool from a collector’s standpoint!