do restaurants in your area tend to have fire alarm systems?

in my area, not many restaurants have fire alarm systems. there are some exceptions, like golden corral, which does have a fire alarm system.

Most of the restaurants in my area have “all-in-one” burg and fire systems (Ademco/Honeywell Vista systems are common), with the exceptions of:

Golden Corral (Fire-Lite MS-9200, SpectrAlert Classics, BG-12LX pulls, LCD-80F annunciator, sprinklers for automatic detection),
Denny’s (Cerberus Pyrotronics System3, HSD-24 [7002T] and HSD-24F [7001T] horn/strobes, Wheelock WST-24 strobes, MS-151 pulls, PE-3 smokes),
K&W Cafeteria (unknown Edwards panel [probably an EST-1], Integrity signals, 270-SPO pulls, sprinklers for automatic detection).

Here in New York, every public building must have visible NAs in all locations in most cases (and I know that isn’t true in every state). Generally, everything in the Albany area has a Fire-Lite or Silent Knight system with Advances (or Classics/MASSes if an older system). Some places have Exceders or older Wheelock NAs on a Fire-Lite/Honeywell system. There’s a Buffalo Wild Wings with Gentex Commanders and it’s one of the very few places in the area that has those things.

A Scottish pub in pooler, GA has gentex commanders
All WDW restaurants have visible alarms
a Mexican restaurant near my has Spectralert advances

I would say any new restaurant construction–whether part of a shopping center or a standalone structure–has some variation of a fire alarm system. Most restaurants in my area have kitchen suppression setups if they don’t have a dedicated fire alarm system. The only exceptions I could think of would be seasonal ice cream parlors, since they don’t tend to serve warm foods and often remain closed during the winter months.

Most of them will have one, although the Ontario Building Code says you only need one for restaurants/licensed beverage establishment with an occupant load of 150. Smaller restaurants or fast food joints usually will not have them, they will have a security system instead.

In my area, it seems to mostly depend on the age. Older ones will not have a system but newer ones most likely will.

Most resturants in my county do not have any alarm or sprinkler system because of their small size (unless if it’s a large centre) in fact even the Tacoma Mall doesn’t have any alarm or sprinkler system (a few stores do have their own however) desipite it being highly visited every day by hundreds of people.

I just looked at some pictures of the inside of the Tacoma Mall that were online. The mall does have a sprinkler system. I saw sprinklers on the ceiling in the pictures.

The main parts of the mall don’t have sprinklers on the ceiling. Although Dick’s Sporting Good’s has it’s own Silent Knight system from what I know.