Separate horn and strobe NAs.

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Housedays
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:12 am

A Target in my area has separate horn and strobe NAs. Red NH horns on the support beams and white RSS strobes on the ceiling and a red NS horn/strobe by the restrooms. Another Target in my area also used to have this, but the system was recently replaced. Now they have white L-series horn/strobes and remote strobes on the ceiling.
EpicFireAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: EpicFireAlarms
Instagram: epic_fire_alarms

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 am

The closest target to me has a similar setup. Wall-mounted red System Sensor Spectralert classic horns paired with ceiling-mounted white classic remote strobes. Some areas, including the pharmacy and the photo center, just have horn/strobes. The other Target near me also has Spectralert classics, but they're all ceiling-mounted horn/strobes.
A few newer buildings in my area have separate audible N/A's and visual N/A's, but none of them are installed right next to each other and instead alternate for increased coverage. In particular, that practice seems pretty common on voice-evac systems.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 pm

At my college, some areas have SpectrAlert Advanced speaker/strobes but others just have separate horns and separate strobes which I always thought was kind of weird but I guess it had something to do with the code but they were often configured like that in random areas.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.