Honeywell Intelliguard 5505 Key

Post here if you need help with something related to security systems.
Forum rules
Do NOT publicly post default codes for ANY security system or fire alarm panel.
(Rule #8)
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:09 am

Hey guys,

Does anybody know the proper key to open a Honeywell Intelliguard 5505 security panel? It is housed in a model 5591 enclosure and was installed around 1994. I have suspicions it may use a Radionics key, but am not 100% certain.

Thanks!
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
Lambda
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Is there a key number on the lock?

Honeywell keys (also Ademco & First Alert) are usually 1393 key. Radionics (also Bosh) are 1358 or 203 keys.
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks, Lambda. I'll check those out.

I recall that there was a number printed on the locks, but I haven't seen these panels in several years and have little memory of what it was. Three digits seems to ring a bell, so I'll check into finding a 203 key. They have been out of service since 2001, and I was going to pull them in early 2013 but did not have a chance. I've been looking through all the documentation I acquired from these systems back then and haven't found any mention of the keys.

Now I've got another opportunity, and I would just rather have a key to get into them when I show up on site, otherwise the locks will be drilled out.
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
Lambda
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:44 am

Let me know what you find out. If you need I probably have an extra key around I could send you before you try to drill out the lock, especially if it's a "common" key like a 203. Heck, sometimes the covers are so loose you can just pop them open with a big flathead screwdriver.
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 pm

I had an "oh, duh!" moment and realized that I had already removed a similar Honeywell enclosure from the building. The lock was damaged and I didn't need the key to remove it. I dug through my box of scrap parts, and sure enough the old lock body was still there, marked with key #1358.

I assume all the cabinets within the building should be keyed the same. Do you happen to have any extra 1358's laying around?

Thanks for your help!
Nick - Administrator
kcin556 on YouTube
Lambda
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:24 pm

I should. I occasionally come home with a key or two in my pocket and throw them in a container in case I even need spares. Send me a PM with your address and I'll hook you up.