1990s Wheelock Promotional Video

In this 2014 The Schumin Web post Ben mentions a “1990s-era Wheelock promotional video”. Does anyone know what he’s talking about or have a link to it?

The only fire alarm promotional videos I have seen were some put out by est a long time ago.

Are you referring to the ones that a fellow by the name of “Brent Wilkins” uploaded? (& then deleted)

Yea he had some videos about the genesis series and the signature series but he deleted them. I don’t know why, probably because of copyright issues

I know why: because a number of enthusiasts were asking about an “EST theme” he used in one of the videos, & for whatever reason he overreacted & deleted every single video in response.

Enough about that though: do you have any answers related to the subject I created this topic about?

No I don’t have any info about a 90,s wheelock videos

You could leave a comment on the post asking Ben if he has a link or copy

Never really thought to do that (maybe because I thought I’d have to get an account of some kind to comment even though upon further inspection you can sign in with your existing accounts). I don’t know though…(especially as it’s been at least 8 years since he made that post. He may not even remember it anymore)

Ben sent me a link to the video yesterday after I contacted him about this matter, so that’s that question answered.

Could you post the link, I would like to see the video

Sure! He said I could share them with anyone who was interested. He also gave me the link to a second video I didn’t even know he had, which is for Wheelock’s VoiceLink series of mass notification panels (the one I was looking for in this topic is mainly about Wheelock’s synchronizable signals):

1 Like

Amazing. It’d be nice to get these up on YouTube for wider archival purposes. I’m willing to do so.

Do you think he’d be okay with that? I don’t know how he got these or if he’s in trouble for it. But seeing as he gave them to you, it could be okay?

I talked to him about sharing anything else like this that he may have via a public archive, but he said that it’s “not up to him” since these are of course property of the original companies (even though vintage promotional videos from all sorts of companies are uploaded to Youtube & other public sites all the time without anyone raising a fuss. I’d love to see what else Ben might have in store, but it’s his decision I guess (though he might not mind me seeing them as long as I keep them relatively under wraps like these I’ve shared with you).

I see. Well, I am going to put them on my external drive so they don’t become lost media

Worst that could happen is Eaton would issue a takedown notice. I’m not sure they’d care enough to do that.

I was thinking more in view Ben obtained them. Whether Wheelock (or Eaton depending on when), or if it was a tape he just happened to find. Either way, I’m probably overthinking it

1 Like