A Debate Of The Worst

My bg-10 has a really stiff pull lever.

1 Like

The Napco MFA-1000. I heard it’s a slow panel and to program it it requires chip burning which is not fun to do. I’m personally not a fan of EST due to how there products can be. I heard with the QuickStarts they have reliability issues. CPU faults are common on some QuickStarts. I heard from a tech that EST2s aren’t great panels. One died on video on Pickle 700’s channel.

From what I’ve been told the QuickStart doesn’t actually have CPU faults all that commonly: rather the “CPU Fault” LED itself malfunctions!

i was going to make a stupid joke, but stopped myself. i am sending this in case you are interested.

1 Like

intriguing. how so? is there some other malfunctioning chip?

All my friend said (who heard about this from his friend) is that an “LED bug” causes it to illuminate & that it can supposedly be fixed with something as simple as a power cycle.

Trust me: Edwards/EST is nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be, in fact they’ve often been the innovators in their line of work: for instance their revolutionary Signature series smoke detectors (including the current “Signature Optica” line), which among many other amazing features can continue to operate even in the event that the panel’s CPU fails! No other company’s detectors can do that!

1 Like

yeah, but genesis. also, 270-spo. in addition, ground fault.

True, but like a lot of things in life those are only a few bad things compared to the many good things that have come out of Edwards/EST.

1 Like

such as what? anything they made, someone beat them to it.

1 Like

Edwards/EST’s good products include the following……
892 series
The pre-integrity’s
The integrity’s
The signature series
The irc-3
The 1231b
And the 6520b

Oh really? Do you know of another company that makes detectors that can continue to function even if the CPU goes down? Do you know of another company that makes tri-element intelligent detectors that have the best chance of detecting any type of fire?

Only thing I dislike about est are the panels. Expensive, proprietary, they’re known for crashing, and they output FWR

Name one company that’s made or is still making a smoke detector that features a 3d multi sensor

@Alex_Wilkinson Yeah that’s fair I’d say.

@Caleb_Culwell Yep: pretty sure only Edwards does nowdays (meaning they’re one step ahead of every other company who only make single-element detectors).

1 Like

In the us anyways, some European Honeywell brands do that

they are all defeated by…
2903 series and 7001(t)
wheelock EH stuff
wheelock MT-SLM
system sensor 2400, 1400, and simplex wiffleball
most FACPs
i found nothing for “edwards 6520b”

i do not know what that means.

1. i could make a panel for that, and i don’t even have a license
  2. what is a tri element detector? i am forgetful.

they also have a bad method of installing stuff.