All things smoke detector

They dont have pulls in a hotel wow

Doesn’t that use a laser?

No. But they got the same case tho

1 Like

I have 2 still new Kidde FireX detectors in their red wrap. They’ve never been used but I think they’re gonna be too old to ever be used

2 Likes

The one on the left will expire on November 27th of this year; the one on the right will expire on January 22nd of next year.

Well well well, look who found a 2551 in the wild.

Does anyone know if system sensor ever made an addressable i3? They’re on the same system. What protocol does the 2551 use? The pulls are Johnson Controls rebranded ms-2s if that helps

That’s not a 2551, the LED is red

Red LED= conventional ( except gamewell )

Milky white LED=addressable

Probably Gamewell then. There are two leds

That’s not a gamewell smoke detector, that thing is conventional

I think it’s bizarre that there are 2 leds. I’m used to them just having 1

That’s how system sensor designed it

1 Like

At my grandmas house

If you want to trigger hardwired smoke alarms without a relay, you can put 9v between the interconnect and neutral wires on the harness. Just make sure to do this on battery backup. DO NOT DO THIS WHEN AC POWER IS CONNECTED!!!
This should work on any reasonably modern detector.

Huh, never knew that, but yes: only do so when the detector is running off battery power, not 120VAC! (& of course don’t do this with detectors in actual life safety service as you might mess them up & prevent them from working properly)

1 Like

Yeah I only do it with some old ones from my house that were replaced.

An edit of a 1990s first alert

1 Like

Actually, the smoke/CO alarm in this hotel room is a First Alert SC9120B. It is hardwired with battery backup and does not have a voice.

My Grandma’s house has 5 FireX ADs and 5 System Sensor wireless smoke detectors for the security system. The system is an early 2000s wireless ITI system.