All things smoke detector

Yeah, I saw the owners manual and it said they make a loud piezo when triggered

1 Like

From what I can tell tall “wiffle-ball” detectors like that one are photoelectric; short ones are ionization (don’t quote me on this though, that’s just what I’ve observed with the ones I have).

1 Like

Well according to EST they can

Your are referring to the 2424ait

1 Like

The one alarm I have in my collection is a First Alert CO400 Carbon Monoxide alarm. It’s not even a smoke or fire alarm!

I see those in big hotels with an EST Genesis white speaker on the same wall.

I find it interesting that hotel rooms also typically have one of those clapped First Alert Smoke/CO detectors (Yes that one that can say “Detector error in [room name] please see manual”) even though they aren’t wired up to the fire alarm system (As far as I know unless if you can get a househole smoke detector up to a panel) however this hotel in perticular (Hyatt Regency Seattle, the one that hosts Anthro Northwest) doesn’t have any pu!l stations.

1 Like

Accessory relay? That’s highly unlikely though. It’s not intended to set off the fire alarm system

Normally on a est system, you would see these in the rooms

1 Like

They do have it in the hallways too. The Great Wolf Lodge in Centralia/Grand Mound has the same system with those detectors in the rooms.

Pyrotronics made a flush mount smoke detector too. I have one, just need to take a photo to upload.

There is a old video of that system going off

Is that the same one that the original WTC towers had? (which I think is a DI-2, even though the DI-2’s head sticks out some from the base according to photos I’ve found)

DI 3/5. made in Switzerland. 220 volt DC

Esl addressable smoke detector

Inside of a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm

1 Like

The strangest looking heat detector

1 Like

I don’t think it looks that weird

I think it looks a little weird

Nevermind that!

My collection

Replaced these a little while back

I have never seen those before