Always clean and test your house smoke alarms!

I have cleaned all of my house’s smoke alarms since they have been installed by the builder. I also tested them to make sure they work as well. So definitely clean your smoke alarms to prevent false alarms because of dust in the chamber, and test them too. If they’re interconnected smoke alarms, make sure that they all sound inorder that the interconnection works for each smoke alarm.

Funnily enough in one of our older houses we NEVER cleaned the alarms & they never gave us false alarms. Back when the house still had its’ original FireX ADC units they DID often complain first about low battery & then they started to randomly beep thanks to being 10 years old. Even when we replaced them with newer FireXs, those we never cleaned & they STILL never gave us any false alarms! But yes, regular smoke alarm maintenance & testing are a critical part of fire safety around the house. Definitely make sure to use some kind of smoke spray (I’d recommend “Smoke Sabre”), & be sure to clean out the alarm with some kind of duster when you’re done.