Ann Arbor Pioneer High School Original Autocall system

Pioneer High school (Ann Arbor High School) was built in 1953 and the school had a unique and rare fire alarm system. The fire alarm system was a whole Autocall system. The alarms were Autocall Dual Projector mechanical horns and the school had Autocall Break Glass stations scattered around the school. The school also has and still does have some Autocall Mechanical Chimes which are Very Rare to find now. They don’t use the chimes anymore and I’m thinking of contacting them about the chimes. The chimes were originally used for class change bells before the standard bells they have now replaced them. In 1983 Ann Arbor got a Wheelock grant and replaced all of the old Autocall alarms with a system of Wheelock 7002Ts and the pulls were Johnson Controls MS-2s. The system of 7002Ts was replaced several years later with what they have now. I don’t remember off the top of my head on what alarms they have now. All I know is that the pull stations are BG-12s and there are trim plates left from the 7002Ts

3 Likes

My mom was showing me pictures whenshe was in school and her school had an auto call system and she wnet back recently and they wre still there