Another Gamewell pull station

I recently obtained this Gamewell pull station, knowing next to nothing about it.

I am going to work on making a mounting bracket for it, and any information anyone has would be appreciated.

1 Like

Looks like the non-coded version of the coded Gamewell pull cjgoot once owned that’s seen in this video: Coded Pull Station Demonstration with cjgoot - YouTube

I remember that, but doesn’t really help find documentation

1 Like

Well sorry, it’s all I can think of when it comes to the pull you have.

1 Like

It’s okay, that just means we’ll have to scour the internet for more information on it. However, that video does give me some guidance on the bracket, so thanks for that

1 Like

You’re welcome! Best of luck on finding more info about that station!

1 Like

Looking at some more YouTube videos, it appears that VintageVibratone has one. Either he got the one cjgoot had, or another 4-4 one.

But that doesn’t matter, I asked him if he could tell me the dimensions of the mounting bracket. That should be a lot easier than taking the pull apart to scan it and draw from there. I will need to make modifications so I can mount it to standard backboxes, however.

1 Like

Made some progress on a prototype mounting bracket based off the dimensions VintageVibratone gave me

Should be able to mount to 1-, 2-gang, and 4” boxes when I’m done

1 Like

Nice!

You know, I hope to one day own a company that, among other things, makes replacement parts for many different fire alarm devices, including those that are old &/or rare (& yes, we would sell to enthusiasts, who’d probably make up a large percentage of sales).

2 Likes

I have the coded variation of this pull station (4942). Backboxes for these are about 4x rarer than this considerably rare device. Yours is missing some additional hardware other than a box. Whatever you mount it to, leave a cut-out for the switch of course, and for the protruding lip on the top. Also, there should be a mounting screw on the bottom of the device. You can use a material of choice to stick out from whatever you mount it to and replace it with a small wood screw or a bolt in order to hold it secure to whatever you mount it to.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! I’ve already got some plans for the mounting plate as seen above. Im trying to figure out how I’m going to do the indentation for the mounting screw to latch onto, I’ve seen it’s similar to the latch on the Century

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

This is not the place to do that; this post was started by HenBasket about the Gamewell pull station they recently got, & it’s intended only for that (along with any updates on it).

2 Likes

yeah I clicked on the wrong topic and did not relize untill after I posted it, My bad

So yeah, turns out Simplex wire cage mounting plates work quite well

2 Likes

Where do you get these rare devices? Dual-action m69s, this, and a 4207! Sheeeesh!

1 Like

HenBasket’s just lucky & happens to find these things right when they go up for sale I guess.

1 Like

@HenBasket save some for the rest of us lol :joy:

1 Like

The M69 and this were lucky eBay finds, the 4207 was sitting on a shelf in the basement of my uncle’s office collecting dust before I got it for Christmas

1 Like

They sure are lucky finds. Honestly, I’d prefer the 2001 to a 4207 in my own collection though.

1 Like