Basic Panel Schematic

Being 13 is not against the rules here. Technically, neither is being an ass, but it doesn’t seem to be working out well for you.
Think of a relay as a switch with a magnet on it. An electromagnet closes the switch (turns it on) when power passes through.
To answer your question:

To answer your relay question:
In this particular case, 24V is going to a pull station. When it’s pulled, it goes through the pull station and through the relay. The relay then closes (turns on), allowing power to pass through it to the alarms. The power also goes back through the relay, keeping it closed even when the pull station is reset.
When there is power going to the relay, it is also going to the silence button. When pushed, this closes a second relay, which normally is connected to the horns. When it’s triggered, rather than power going through it to the horns, power goes through a normally closed (on when not pushed) button and back to the relay, keeping it on when the silence button is not pushed. When the normally closed button is pushed, power stops going to the relay and the horns start back up again.

who is this post directed to?

Netscape.

I’m sorry Nathan. I just got really annoyed yesterday (completely unrelated to this forum) and took it out on you. I shouldn’t have done that, and I’m sorry. Forgive me? :frowning: