Best feature in a fire alarm

What do you guys think is the best feature for a fire alarm to have. I think it’s versatility.

1 Like

A wide range of tones to choose from

2 Likes

Using the voice evacuation system for manual announcements or normal speaker operation.

2 Likes

I like having selectable candela

1 Like

The tones selectability is very important. It can help alert different groups of people to different things, in different scenarios.

I think it would be cool if a company could come out with addressable notification appliances that could ran speaker strobes over two wires. I know the proprietary factor would suck but it would make upgrades in older buildings so much easier and also save on wire costs for new installations. I think this would be a groundbreaking invention because of more and more laws about voice evac.

True, but at the same time, wiring upgrades are needed.

One thing fire inspectors have been on us for in our area, is this old telephone wiring that they used in FA systems between the 80s-90s. Like that 22 AWG crap with a million conductors in it. Mirtone used it a ton in their systems.

Is using that type of wiring even legal?

In the 90s, sure. Now a days, definitley not.

2 Likes

The ability of monitoring the exact return value of each detector and using them comprehensively to determine if a point is on fire or not.

There’s something even much CRAZIER: Gent S4-711-V-VAD-HPR
It’s a 2-wire dual-sensor smoke and heat detector combined with a speaker strobe!

4 Likes

Speech sounder strobe S-Quads are technically addressable

1 Like