Best power supply for homemade FACP

I’m new here, so if this is posted under the wrong topic, change it. Anyway, I am in the planning stage of building my own FACP, and I’m wondering what kind of power supply would be best to use. To give you an idea, I am planning to be powering 2 i3s, 1 system sensor 2151, and 4 EST genesis horn strobes. I was thinking of a 24 volt power supply, but then I realized that powering three smokes, four horn strobes, and the whole Arduino-based panel probably wouldn’t work with just 24 volts. What power supply should I use?

Id reccomend getting an actual fire alarm power supply/booster panel like a notifier fcps-24s8. these can also sometimes do syncing aswell. These power supply panels are very capable

Get a good 24v, 3 amp power supply. Connect a 24v-5v converter for the arduino

Honestly I think i’ll do that. I don’t want to be messing around with old power adapters and making my own modifications to them; The FACP might turn in to a fire hazard.

How would I power the notification devices though? If the 24v all go in to the converter it’s only enough to power the arduino alone. Unless i were to split up the cable on the adapter; But like I mentioned, it might turn in to a fire hazard or at least trip breakers and I don’t want that.

You’ll have to figure out a distribution system with multiple outputs. I just use a terminal block

Oh boy… You don’t have to cut and splice and split and mess around with the actual output cord of power adapter. Buy a DC jack and solder multiple wires to each tab so that you have multiple pairs of +24V and GND.

If you can’t understand this and keep having problems on such rudimental things about electronic DIY, then it might not be a good idea trying to build a FACP or anything complex on your own, as it will be not only unlikely to success but also quite dangerous. 24V and 5V won’t electrocute you but can certainly make components burst into smokes and set something on fire if not treated carefully and logically.

Nice diagram! Yeah, I get it now I was thinking about cut and splice. Solved my problem thanks!