Building a Micro-controller powerd FACP

I do know how to program an Arduino.

No.

No.

Magnetic fields are nasty and can travel to anything that is physically connected to it. As I said before you would need to have isolators on the Arduino/whatever pin side before going to the transistor which would switch on the raw 5v to through the diode and into the coil of the DPDT relay.

Haha a huge isolation transformer would look so stupid. (Also having to convert to AC and then back to DC)
That’s why I’m sticking with relay based panels for a while.

Sorry Andrew :oops:

You should really learn to Google things instead of assuming all your knowledge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ADUM1410&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_Ns8U7WpB6S62wWr5YG4Cw&ved=0CA0Q_AUoAA&biw=1680&bih=881

lilrags16:

You would have to an ADC chip to help with the multiple zones that you want if you’re going to use an Arduino Uno. A real-time clock wouldn’t hurt either. A serial LCD would help with the pin spacing.

However, the front layout of the panel is completely up to you, including the user interface on the LCD.

When you get really good at programming, you will be able to mimic task-switching like I did in jjvideo25’s panel. A good example is when its in alarm, the alarm LED toggles, it checks the serial buffer for any commands and processes them if need be, checks the status of the buttons and pulses the NAC’s depending on the timing, then it repeats itself.

You will need a decent 24v DC power supply to do this, preferably linear than switch-mode and NOT a door bell transformer.

If you can figure out resistor values and how to create a voltage divider, you’ll be able to support 2-wire smokes and be able to determine them apart from pull stations and be able to do certain functions based on that like Andrew’s i8005.

In the end, both of you have a lot to learn when it comes to making things with electronics. It took me awhile to understand this stuff and I’m still learning to this day.

I think you quoted the wrong person…

I did not quote the wrong person. I just did not split up my post so I could target 2 different people.

I edited my post.

First, i dont want this topic locked because of it being filled with pointless junk.i take blame for mytechtimes topic getting locked.(i’m not saying what has been posted is pointless, just a reminder)

has anyone used a TI launchpad?

I can speak for most of the community and say no we have no experience with that platform. But since you’re new to microcontrollers I would seriously recommend the Arduino platform for this application.

ok thanks :smiley:

Why didn’t the 8005 have issues with the Back EMF? Was it the microcontroller?

Andrew had it running on 2 independent power supplies

I can tell you right now that a bare microcontroller including a PICAXE and Arduino will not have any protection onboard.

So my 2dcd could kill my panel without protection?

Yes. Do you have any electronic sounders?

Not yet… I will PM you…

hey what the?
OK Somebody is trolling us…

Anyways, you could buy a 24V piezo to test, or just use an LED. Be careful, the piezos from eBay are super loud.

How are we being trolled??

Look at what forum the topic was moved to
Weird

Yeah I noticed that. I have no idea why or who did it.

Andrew moved it, I have no idea why, but he did it.

Any mechanical horn will cause EMF so I would suggest that you have isolation between the microcontrollers pin and the transistor going to the relay.

mytechtime is correct, you can connect anything to the relay like an LED. You can also use a multimeter to measure voltage on the pins.

Before you even get to the output devices, you guys should figure out the zone/addressable slc input side of things. Because that will take some time to figure out.