Building a Micro-controller powerd FACP

Im thinking of having a 4 wite slc card loop on the panle. This way I can and zone modules, adrees them and ther up. Im planing of having a POC soon of this idea.

which devices will it work with? FCI? notifier? simplex? all of them?

No the 4 Wire slc is just for my zone moduals. My thery is this method will take 4 wires.

Thats technically not an SLC. What you’re doing is just designing a modular card kind of system.

The i8005 was ment to be designed like that but due to the limitation of the PICAXE and its way of handling serial data, it did not work out to well.

I guess I was using the wrong term. And I plan on testing this on breadbord soon. Here is an example of how it will work. [code] (calling of card 1) 0001
(Card responce when normal) 1101
(calling of card 1) 0001
(Card responce when alarmed)1110
(calling of card 1) 0001
(Card responce when trouble) 1111

(calling of card 2) 0010
(Card responce when normal) 1101
(calling of card 1) 0001
(Card responce when alarmed)1110
(calling of card 1) 0001
(Card responce when trouble) 1111
Ect.[/code]

I’m afraid that won’t be enough detail unless this card is only 1 zone. Besides, each card would have a microcontroller on it (the way you’re describing this). Also each card can’t be daisy chained through each card by serial connection back to the master microcontroller because that would increase the risk of failure.

If you haven’t noticed theres a lot that goes into building a panel besides design.

Yeah my idea does take micro controller on each 1 zone card. It’s starting to make sence why alarms and panels or so expensive.

Thats the most cost ineffective idea that i’ve heard. At least make it 4 or more. Same with the NAC’s.

Andrew’s i8005 cost at least $200+.

Besides, you can buy more analog to digital converters and microcontrollers that can use the SPI bus or you can use rs-485 serial.

I will put this to thought.

At the risk of a newbie raising the ire of the admins for bumping a relatively old post…

Hows the system coming along? I saw lots of interesting ideas here and was wondering if anything came about it.

Kinda designing it still. Wish i had a panel to compare ideas :frowning:

The i8005 from system tests 30 and 31 and the panel I wrote the code for jjvideo25.

Well, you can compare the 2400 from me once you get it, however, it is a relay based panel.
Oh and BTW, traded my homemade panel, will be building my 2450 soon.
and YES, I did disclose liability

The flash-drive that had the code became corrupted, and Andrew has such a tight seal on the i8005, so yeah…

For the 999th time, I understand :wink:

Did you even ask Andrew?

No, Andrew i think doesn’t approve of me. :cry: