Dangerous Cozumel Plaza Punta Langosta Mall

Recently I went to Cozumel Mexico for a trip and stopped by Plaza Punta Langosta. As you
can see in the pictures, all of the
alarms and pulls are missing, Removed. Now only some holes and stoppers remain. This is an outdoor mall with shops. I think it would not be enforced if this was found by the authorities.

That definitely wouldn’t fly in the rest of North America, shame to see that Mexico’s AHJs are apparently so lax when it comes to enforcing their life safety standards (which hopefully say that devices cannot be removed just like that for seemingly no reason).

That being said, I wonder why they would just up & remove all the devices like that.

1 Like

What the hell. Where did the damn devices go

1 Like

Someone removed them, obviously (why exactly who knows. Can’t be legal though).

1 Like

Maybe they are replacing them???

1 Like

I doubt it, especially if they’ve been gone for a while. Most replacements in fact usually have the new devices installed while the older devices are left in place, & then once the new devices are up & running the old ones are finally removed.

1 Like

That, my friends is what we call a lawsuit waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Most definitely, especially if people die as a result of the system not being functional.

I visited that mall in 2019 during a cruise and recall seeing BG-12s and SpectrAlert horn/strobes:

Not quite fire alarm-related, but I’m fairly certain I also took the picture shown below at that mall (this is indeed outside):

2 Likes