Devices that you wish were never discontinued

Wheelock Exceeders had a better strobe design than Eluxa, I wish Eaton would still produce them.

Aside maybe from the more modern ones made/sold by companies like Masterguard, Sure Signal Products, etc., thereā€™s really no place for them today, especially when we have not only smoke detectors but also electronic heat detectors (such as those you might find in a residential home, which look & function identically to residential smoke detectors (including the horn) except with a heat sensor in place of a smoke sensor).

Iā€™d say Wheelockā€™s LED3-series was even better, as they have a flash duration thatā€™s correct (& more importantly in line with the NFPAā€™s standards) unlike the Exceder LED-series, & the strobe doesnā€™t look stupid either (in fact they look identical to the Exceder LED-series: the only difference as far as I know is the flash duration like I said).

i honestly prefer the WM, RS, and MCW strobes.

my grandmaā€™s house has those

1 Like

I wonder why they were discontinued.

1 Like

Gent 34770 optical heat (optical smoke/heat) sensor sounder, first released in 1997, discontinued in 2019, I personally like the design of them