dishwashers

Do they plug into an outlet or are they directly wired to the electricity?

A dishwasher does not come with a plug built in. It just has wires sticking out.

However, you can strip the wire and add a male plug at the other end, and plug it in (if the dishwasher takes 120VAC). You do this when you need to connect your fire alarm panel to house current.

Experience: Helped install a dishwasher

when you remove your old one if you have one there should be a junction box and you simply connect your wires there.

Disclaimer: i am not responsible for any damages done to you or the dishwasher

That’s odd. If I can recall correctly, back when I lived in Tennessee back in 2001-2005, we had a dishwasher that had a 120VAC plug. It was on wheels and could move, if you had the hoses connected. It wasn’t built into the house at all. That’s if I remember right.

I used to have one like that too. They’re for non-permanent installs. Mine connected to the faucet, plugged into the wall, and was on wheels.

The OT/PT room in junior high had a kitchen with the same thing-- a dishwasher on wheels with a plug and two hoses. The hoses were bundled together, one small hose with a coupler and a clamp facing up and one large hose with an elbow piece on the end, facing down. You clamp it to the spout on the sink and turn the sink on, and the large hose points down–to the drain. Then you plug the unit in and do dishes.

That is the same thing that they did in Biotechnology at my high school.

I was just curious about permanant installed dishwashers as opposed to those on wheels. Do they typically have plugs that plug into an outlet or are they directly wired into the electricity?

I already answered your question.

[quote]

A dishwasher does not come with a plug built in. It just has wires sticking out.

However, you can strip the wire and add a male plug at the other end, and plug it in (if the dishwasher takes 120VAC). You do this when you need to connect your fire alarm panel to house current.

Experience: Helped install a dishwasher
[/quote]