Does anyone know any videos of a voice assisted 6500 custom or tones of it

I’ve been wondering if the 6500 can be voice assisted

From what I have seen, I don’t think so, as the Voice would be provided by the Fire Safety Director via Microphone to aid in Evac Instructions (As this is common in NYC). I don’t know, as Im just an enthusiast and I don’t work for Firecom. The most HQ tones of the 8500 Whoop and Chime video, as you probably have seen already. https://youtu.be/KjlTyRBb7JI?t=68

It seems like Robville Virtual Realisations rebuilt the circuit from the patent and re-recorded it or rebuilt the tones from frequency’s used from the patent.

Oh thank you so much. Im sorry but i ment the edwards 6500 custom

That is my mistake, I misread 6500 for 8500. For the 6500, I have very limited knowledge, and I will let others users answer that for you.

Thats incredibly fine i have limited knowledge with the 6500 custom too. know its a panel from the late 70s early 80s but not much else

Yes, it was called the Edwards 6700. It was a voice part of the 6500. I know as my moms work had one of these at one point.

It is very rare today and I can’t even find any documentation on it. I know that it came with a microphone, handset for firefigher telephones, and selective/all call paging. I’m not sure if any came with automatic tape decks or anything.

53550513518_f8fba59fbf_o

The 6700 is on the left side, it is pretty simple.

3 Likes

Thank you, what do those things sound like

1 Like

Unfortunatley I never heard it in person. I know the bells did a 20 bpm for 1st stage and then a 120bpm for second stage (it was a 2 stage system).

I do service work for the place now and the system has been completely replaced with a Kidde VM panel.