emergency exit doors.

Well, 15 seconds isn’t a lot, and we have to also keep other things in mind, like false alarms.

For example: a fire suppression system would be great in every building with a fire alarm system, but there are false alarms, so we do not do that.

but 10 sec should be a decant amount of time.

It is decent, but if someone was about to get away with unpurchased item(s), you need time for an employee to make it all the way over there, and the hold the person back.

true but you would think 10 sec would enough time to catch some one shoplifting

I don’t think so. There might not be an employee close by, and the employee has to try to get in front of him/her, or snatch whatever he/she has.

Ya that would be true because if they leave the curb you can’t arrest them

Sucks for Target, especially if they have a get away car.

yes it would but by then cops should be on site

The people would run away or drive away in less than a minute, it would certainly take the cops longer than that to get to the site.

As for emergency exit doors actually activating the fire alarm system when opened, I’ve never heard of any that do that. Some may be tied to the fire alarm system, but emergency exit doors don’t ever actually activate the fire alarm system when opened. They often get opened accidentally, so that is why a door alarm is used, not the fire alarm system. I’ve been at Walmart before when someone accidentally opened the emergency exit and the door alarm sounded.

I’ve seen some tied into the alarm system

I have, too. I found a video of people playing around at Walmart, then throwing a basketball at an emergency exit door, which is when you hear SpectrAlert Classics. I couldn’t find that video, but I have found this video:

That sounds like the fire alarm to me.

Looks like it is absolutely possible to have exit doors wired to the main fire alarm system then. Never saw them around here though.