EST 3X voice messages

Does anyone know what voice messages are used on the EST 3X? I’m not asking for the raw files, I just want to know what messages are used.

I’m assuming that the same set of 7 male messages you’ll find on most other Edwards/EST panels is used on the EST3X.

It would have the same messages as their other panels too. They can be found on the Edwards Signaling website for all they use.

Said set of 7 male messages can’t be found on the Edwards Signaling websites, only various tones & alarm sounds.

The 7 classic male messages cannot be found on the Edwards signaling website, but they can be found here: Voice Evac Message Files - #21 by LSPDFRIA

1 Like

Ok. That’s what I thought.

Also, do you know what panel is used here:

The first one could be an EST2, EST3, or EST4 (possibly an EST3X as well), as that particular whoop sound debuted on the EST2 & has continued being used ever since. Not sure I’ve ever heard that particular message though (might be custom).

The second video I’ve come across myself before, could be the same aforementioned panels given the whoop tone (odd that the system appears to use System Sensor speaker/strobes though, unless they’re left over from a previous system).

If you didn’t notice, videos use the exact same voice message, so I don’t think it’s custom.

Maybe, but I’ve never heard an Edwards/EST system that did that message before, so it doesn’t really seem like a standard message of theirs.

Actually, it is a custom message because both videos were taken at universal studios!

I had a feeling both videos were taken in the same place.

Universal Studios has many different buildings but I think Edwards installed the system for them in place of existing devices.

So the System Sensor speaker/strobe in the 2nd video is part of a previous system then?

Probably. EST probably redid the system and didn’t change the speakers because they were lazy.

Either that or the existing ones worked fine & thus they saw no need to replace them.