False shooter report at a school in my district

So at the beginning of the week, someone called in a false shooter report at one of the other high schools in my district. The news was calling it a swatting attempt, and it looks to be that way. Controversial take, this is even worse than falsely activating a fire alarm, because of the fact of how dangerous swattings are, and the other fact that you could very easily cause a lot of mental damage doing something like that. But idk. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Yeah, that should not have been done. That could scare the living daylights out of people, as well as wasting emergency resources. Whoever did it should be either fined heavily or serve some time.

3 Likes

It wasn’t even a 911 call. They called the local police station. And because of Douglas County procedures, they dispatched swat and EMS as well.

I don’t know if it is being investigated by the FBI, but in the news article, they mentioned that the Feds were part of the response. It should be a federal offense. I am doubting if it even came from within the high school, let alone Omaha.

Seriously? Swatting people’s homes isn’t enough so now swatters are calling in reports to schools? Sheesh…

3 Likes

one of these incidents occurred in September 2022 at the new HS in my GF’s neighborhood. I think a lot of these “swatting” reports are done by people overseas (mostly poorer countries in the middle east). Source: I heard recordings of one of these calls on the local news.

2 Likes

What will people find to waste their time with doing next…(& put innocent people’s lives in danger with as well for that matter)

2 Likes

we had that happen last year to me