Federal signal horn at the the back of Kmarts.

It seems popular for Kmarts to have a Federal signal horn in the back.

The KMart closest to me has some horn at the back, possibly a Simplex. I’m not really sure if its supposed to be used as a fire alarm, it was painted over to match the wall.

Only last week I discovered an old Federal Vibratone 450 horn at my local Kmart. (The old kind with the 4040-style grille.) It was red, and I think it may have been a fire alarm at one point. There aren’t any other alarms or pulls in the building, but there are a couple of red bells, which probably go off when a sprinkler activates.

Our KMart had a Vibratone in back, and red bells above the exits acting as exit alarms.

The Kmart I have in Livonia also has an old fire horn at the back, just like what the rest of you have.

Before the Kmart near me closed, I also noted a similar type of alarm near the rear of the establishment.

We don’t have kmarts in Canada…

At the K-Mart in Franklin, TN
-Amseco 8" bells above the emergency exits (these were replaced with detex boxes when the store was converted to a big k-mart)
-A a sprinkling of adaptabels and fire bells, one ceiling mounted (who ever heard of a ceiling mount bell?)
-One Federal Signals vibratory horn in the back

At the K-Mart in Murfreesboro
-Simplex 4050 in the back, and that’s it.

Has anyone been to a K-mart with a clear fire alarm system? I feel like I’ve heard of one on this site, I want to say it was from the guy who went to Knoxville a year or two back…

ive seen fs horns in the back of our kmarts. i think one in a mall in glenwood had 4050-80s with tbars and a possible 2001. of course it was updated.

ive seen fs horns in the back of our kmarts. i think one in a mall in glenwood had 4050-80s with tbars and a possible 2001. of course it was updated.

That was obviously an unintentional double post.

The local Kmart here has a red federal signal horn on the back wall, as well as a gray adaptabell on a pole near the foods.