Fenwal CPD-7021/70-202003-001

I have a Fenwal CPD-7021/70-202003-001 along with an unknown model number base that I have no idea how to wire, along with conflicting info on what the voltage is. As you can see in the below photos the official documentation (found in a USNRC PDF file) says 15-32VDC, but the label on the detector head says 1.4-3.0VDC instead (my only guess is that the decimals were misprints but I find it hard to believe that both would be misprinted in those positions). I’ve also included screen grabs of the wiring diagrams in the official documentation for reference.

1 Like

@ARAProductions might know

I have some of those and they are 24vdc two wire detectors. The 1.4-3.0 volt on the label is for sensitivity testing. You will notice 2 small holes on the cover opposite the alarm lite. You can insert the probes of a meter there and determine the voltage (1.4 - 3) the detector goes into alarm. Use the sensitivity adjustment screw to vary the alarm threshold. On the base, wire neg in to terminal 7. Negative out to terminal 6 and positive in/out to terminal 2. If only one detector, put the EOL on 2 and 6.

Thanks Pilot. That voltage listing is definitely misleading since it says nothing about that being the sensitivity testing voltage & since it’s the only voltage listed on the label.

Is that what those are for? Huh (thought they might have had something to do with the assembly process, like to solder a couple connections once the detector was assembled, which I’ve seen on some devices).

Any idea what the model number of the base is? (since for whatever reason it’s not marked anywhere on it)

Your base is different than the two I have. My Model 70-201000-001 has three terminals, 2, 6 and 7. My Model 70-201000-002 base has 6 terminals, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7. 1 and 2 have the jumber.

Do you have any idea what the model number of mine is? (since like I said I have no way of telling myself since it’s not printed anywhere on it)