Finally finished my mini system of another homemade FACP!

Yep, I finished my mini system of my Fire Eliminator 8500LS homemade panel! I might do mini system test videos on it soon if I get more alarms. So you like?

4 Likes

Nice setup, definitely unique from others I’ve seen. I assume the box between the alarms is either for an additional alarm or a detector, right?

1 Like

The box (the grey one with a cover plate) is for a heat detector or four wire smoke detector. Which I don’t have enough four wire detectors yet…

1 Like

I kinda feel you: my collection’s severely lacking in the commercial detectors department too. All I’ve really got are:
#1: 2 Detection Systems DS200s with MB200-2W bases (which are the current detectors on my system)
#2: 1 System Sensor 2412 (which means I can’t use it on my system as it’s 12VDC, I could with a relay but I might as well not go through all the trouble of setting it up like that)
#3: 1 BRK-rebranded System Sensor 2812TH (just like the 2412 above it’s 12VDC, it does have an inbuilt heat sensor though)
#4: 1 Chemtronics 501 Spot Fire Lowecator mechanical heat detector (that appears to be permanently activated, meaning I can’t use it if it is)
#5: 1 Ademco 504 mechanical heat detector (which doesn’t appear to work when I tested it)
#6: Several Gentex smoke detectors, 3 with horns
#7: A couple 80s-era Simplex smoke detectors, 1 of which has a heat sensor, that I can’t figure out how to get working
#8: 1 Gamewell 60A (which has design flaws in the form of no way to test it except smoke & LED doesn’t flash when powered)

1 Like

#2 and #3 can be used with a 24v to 12v step down converter, but you have to put it on the resettable power terminals.

1 Like

I don’t have one though, & as I outlined I have other 24VDC detectors to use instead.

1 Like