Fire Alarms at my Dorm

So this past July, in my dorm, someone set off the fire alarms because they burnt dinner. Although, there was a heat detector in the kitchen, they left the door open. Right outside the door was a smoke detector. That was the one that they activated. The alarms were speakers (that I didn’t recognize) but they had Federal Signal “I” strobes. They also had Simplex 4904-9174s in the restrooms. They even had EST Integrity Horns set to temp3. I don’t know what the panel is. But anyways, the people who set it off were obviously concerned, so, they asked for people to help. Although, the people who helped removed the detector head. I saw the annunciator (a Simplex 4603-9101) in trouble and priority 1 alarm. The fire department arrived and everything. Although, the already messed up enough elevator didn’t even go into phase 1! If you were wondering, the elevator was an Otis Series 5. But yeah, that was the crazy fire alarm incident at my dorms this past summer! Oh, and there was a crazy retrofit on the 3rd floor. A Simplex horn strobe mounted sideways on the wrong backbox. Notification appliance pictures below:

Uploading: IMG_0906.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_1258.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_1280.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_1006.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_0908.jpeg…

The images aren’t loading. Did you happen to hit send on the topic before they processed on your end?

1 Like

Discourse has always had that bug as it lets the topic send before it finishes processing.

At Bethel University back in 2018 Nelson Hall Gentex Commander 3 And Gamewell NBG12 and in 2019 Nelson Hall had System Sensor Horn Strobes and no Pull Stations