well I had quite the night woke up very early to the smoke alarms. I feel the knob and its good I open the door seeing 0 smoke under the door and head downstairs with my little brother and see the huge curtans ablaze. I take my brother outside and try to comfort him as the fire hase spread to the upstairs and roof and he is crying I call 911 and then my room mate my lil bro was staying the night as my parents are out of town and my room mate was staying with friends. The fire department arrives as the fire is spread to most of the house. it took them a hour to put the fire out. the house however is not a total loss we need a new roof and need to redo the main level and part of the upstairs but everyone is ok and we are staying at my grandma’s for the time being.
Best wishes and glad you’re okay. Also asking if your FA collection is okay because that would also be a sad loss.
its fine I had it in the basement witch was untouched
That’s good, but the main thing is that you and your family are okay.
Not trying to bother, but did they figure out the cause of the fire and have you been able to get any salvageable items out?
sooo update the fire was caused by a outlet that started to over heat and caught fire. we are currently in a air BNB my friend donated some clothes as most of my clothes were destroyed as I had started a load before i went to sleep but Im just glad that my fam is OK
Again I’m glad you and your family are ok. Good luck with the recovery process. It can be very hard. Also possibly update on your progress. I know I keep asking about non important things, but I saw from your review
video that you have a Sangean CL-100. Did it survive?
yeah it did but the external anntena did not
Man I am so sorry to hear, this just re enforces the fact that smoke alarms save lives! Glad the fire department had a quick response.
I had a similar experience once, my home had a CO leak, long story short that CO alarm saved my life and my families lives, it allowed us to evacuate and call the fire department.
Did the system you had set up get triggered by the fire? I’m glad everyone survived that. I managed to catch an arking outlet before it could’ve been worse before.
No it was powerd down and was in the basement witch was untouched
I have an Update for y’all Im still not back at my home yet but the repair process hase started I am so thankfull that the fire did not spread through the entire home and that me and my brother are ok and I am soo glade that there is a fire station right by my house if not than we could have been without a home.
Glad to hear that everyone is ok.
That was close! Glad everyone is ok (and the fire alarms too )
UPDATE Finally back home- we had to get a new electrical panel, turnes out the panel failed to trip when we had an old dehumidifire plugged in and an old fan plugged in and running at the same time and the breaker was supposed to trip but failed to and the outlet overheated.
That’s scary to have a faulty electrical panel, I am a little suspicious of mine because my house is 100 years old.