Fire Drills, Severe Weather Drills, Lockdowns, Evacuation Drills for the 2023-2024 School Year

RUHS December Fire Drill

Here a link to the system if anyone is wondering

After many long weeks and days of postponement, my school finally conducted a “Real” Fire Drill. Admin have been saying one would occour since early this month but kept pushing it back utill 13th.

In 5th Period, the drill started when the SImplex 2901-9806 Horns started blaring in the hallways, I left the class first, as the Teacher told us prior. Once leaving the U Building by the Ampetheater Building, many of me and my classmates took a right turn to the corridor between the U building and North Gym, which was closed off due to structual issues. We then went inbeteen the North Gym and the Basketball Courts, which were being used for the School Band room since the Band room is part of the Closed North Gym.

After getting past the Botttleneck of Students, we then realized that we were not supposed to go alongside the north gym and U Building, but rather Inbetween the Lagnauage Building and North Gym instead. Thankfully, we found our teacher, (As each teacher has a large Sign with their name for the classes to line up with.) After we found him, we got in line and awaited for the All Clear.

Upon Reentry, I talked with my teacher, and he told me that the way they sort the class lines in a chart is off, which caused confusion. I also mentioned the phased Evauation process which is an Idea Ive been wanting to mention to Admin, to prevent Bottlenecks and issues like these. I also mentioned the Fire Alarm System replacement taking place in a few years, he says that the entire planning and FA System needs to be redone.

Shortly after, The bell rang, and had to rush to my 6th Period.