Fire Drills, Severe Weather Drills, Lockdowns for the 2015-2016 School year

It’s a Notifier addressable system of some sort. I don’t know the exact model since I’ve never seen the panel, only the annunciatiors. The smoke detector that got knocked down is a system sensor I3.

Here is another one we had right before Halloween.

We had a false alarm on Wednesday at 1:20 PM which, for me, was 6th period science. I guess one good thing about having to evacuate in 20 degree weather was getting to see my Science teacher freak out :lol: .

My Freshman year science teacher used to be the one to set off the fire alarm almost day. He would like to blow things up, and more than once, debris would strike the detectors and set it off. The would count as our “fire drill” for the year. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had overheard that we will be having a fire drill sometime next week, probably on Thursday or Friday, and most likely during 6th period, since every drill we’ve had this year has been at 1:30 PM on either Thursday or Friday. I’m going to try to record the drill, but no guarantees.

We just had a drill yesterday at 10:00AM. Unfortunately it was pretty windy and was “snowing” hard ice pellets, but we were back inside the building within 10 minutes.

I had to have a talk with the school dean regarding one of the smoke-damper walls that close when the alarm activates. It closes off a main exit path, but it is outfitted with a large green “push to exit” button. My Spanish teacher, whose classroom exits through that area, has always done a great job of explaining how to operate the device to her classes. However, during this drill I overheard another teacher yelling at students for pressing the button: accusing them of “messing with it”. I thought this could create a safety concern if students refused to press the button during a real emergency.

We had a “Fire Drill” today. It was scheduled for a month now, and i was planning on recording it for my YouTube Channel (SLB Productions), and when it came time for the fire drill to start… They did not activate the fire system, instead they sounded the “Bells” on the PA System for about 5 Minutes…

So instead of having EST Genesis’s, EST integerity’s, and some Edwards bells going off… We had beeps. lol " BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP…"

Hopefully our next and final drill of the 2015 - 2016 school year will be with the actual fire system…

The school I went to in Ohio sometimes did that. A couple times a year, they went over the PA and announced “This is a fire drill. Please leave the building”. A lot more pleasant than the Commander2s in code 3 mechanical in every flipping room.

Interesting, but that takes the fun away from a fire drill! :lol:

This happened today.

I’m joining my high school’s marching band next year, and this week was a “beginner’s” camp for it. On our last day (today), we were doing a sectional (outside, unfortunately) and the alarm went off. The few people in the building did evacuate. Since I am not a freshman yet, it will be difficult to find out the cause.

Apparently, earlier in the day, there was a real fire in coronary arts, which set the alarm off.

The FD did arrive ~5 minutes after the alarm went off. One standard truck, and one ladder truck (that I saw)

For those wondering, the system has Wheelock NS’s, Notifier BG-12LX’s, and unknown smokes and panel (Most likely a Notifier AFP 300/400)

Do you go to a medical school or something? :lol:

Typo lol
I meant culinary arts

Fire Drill | May 24th, 2016 | Period 1 LA | 7:45 AM | Evac Time: 2:07 | Additional Comments: Last drill of the year. Very crowded, due to three of the five doors in the 8th grade wing being closed because of construction.

Lockdown (Drill) | May 26th, 2016 | Period 2.5 Homeroom/Advisory | 9:45 AM | Drill Length: 8:00 | Additional Comments: My teacher couldn’t find the key to lock the door, so the police kicked open our door and had a bit of a talk with our teacher.

My school year is done now, so here’s the total list of drills based off of what I remember:

Fire Drill | September 10th, 2015 | Period 2 Gym | 8:35 AM | Evac Time: 1:57 | Additional Comments: None

Fire Drill | September 18th, 2015 | Period 6 Science | 1:30 PM | Evac Time: 1:52 | Additional Comments: Our Science teacher had ‘Fire drill @ 1:30’ written on the board, so everyone knew about it ahead of time

Lockdown (Drill) | Late September 2015 | Period 6 Science | 1:15 PM | Drill Length: 6:00 | Additional Comments: None

Fire Drill | November 2015 | Period 6 Science | 1:15 PM | Evac Time: 2:09 | Additional Comments: None

False Alarm | January 19th, 2016 | Period 6 Science (Surprise, Surprise) | ~1:35 PM | Evac Time: Unknown | Additional Comments: Caused by a kindergartner pulling the fire alarm (I go to a K-8 school.).

Lockdown (Drill) | January 29th, 2016 | Period 5 Geography | 12:30 PM | Drill Time: 7:30 | Additional Comments: Everyone also knew about this one, because our Geography teacher told us.

*There was a lockdown drill in mid-March, but I was absent.

And that brings us to the present!

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016, at Pankow, we had a real fire at 7:55 am. It was caused by a sprinkler being activated in the kitchen in the culinary room due to the chef leaning with a torch. It was my first real fire alarm. I did better than for a fire drill because I knew what to do. I also was not scared.

New Thread will be created for the 2016-2017 school year, however this one will remain open for you to post any you forgot or any that happened.

So at my old school the principal would page “Please be sure all sneakers and shoes are tied” and then we have a fire drill 5th-6th grade (new/old school transfering schools for 7th-8th grade) no warning fire drills and like retards they reset the panel while everyone is still walking out. :?: :?:

What the heck are you saying you are speaking in a run on sentence when you write in a run on sentence it makes it hard for people to understand what you are saying.

Let’s be respectful :wink:

Since it’s an organized evacuation, there’s really no need for the alarms to continue sounding after the drill has started. Most times they are just left on until the completion of the drill (also allowing maintenance staff to check that all devices work) but I’ve experienced some drills where the alarms were shut off early to allow us to re-enter the building quickly in very cold weather. Just a thought.