Fire/Emergency Drills for 2013-2014 School Year

I’d say they’re about average. I think it’s a very distinct attention-grabbing timbre more than anything. I remember celebrating the district’s replacement of the 4050s, which were probably a quarter in quantity but still louder at any given point of school property.

Not the TrueAlert kind the ones with the electromechanical horns they are non ada which is ironic considering we have special needs kids at our school. o_O

My school always has a fire drill on the first week of the quarter, usually on Wednesday. That’s this week! Unfortunately, students can’t record video on campus, so I cannot record the fire drill. I will tell everyone how it goes, though.

How did It go?

Didn’t happen yet for some reason. All the elementary schools had them according to my friend whose brother goes to one.
I’ll keep you posted.

I haven’t heard from you in a while so I thought I would ask again about how it went.

It seems like my school has cancelled. Only 3 weeks left, no drill. I am starting to think that they are hiding something… every single school in the district is usually consistent and the elementary school my brother goes to had one as normal.

What could they be hiding?

No idea, really. Possibly some alarm malfunction?
All I know is that they haven’t done a fire drill as they usually do.

Strange…that’s happening with us, too!

It’s been pretty nice out, but still no fire drills. We have MCAS and exams in June, as well as a bunch of field trips. Only two more drills to go, but when will they be? :?

(I believe Mass. fire drill frequency is 4 times a year: two in fall, two in spring).

Is it a simplex system or what? If they have been postponing it for so long something big must be wrong and Simplex I’m sure will charge a boatload to fix it. Have Andrew Go fix it, He will have it done swiftly :lol:.
I do wonder what they could be hiding. I would ask your principal e about it tell him/her your worried for your safety and others too. I hear for not doing fire drills there is a big penalty

That sounds like school district logic there. We had a classroom with no strobes in it. It was one of the only ones on campus that had a deaf person it… :?

We had a CODE RED drill at about 2:15 today. (Code Red is my school’s code word for an intruder in the building.) About 30 seconds in, the fire alarm was set off, and, as per regulations, my class did not leave. The CODE GREEN (All Clear) announcement came about five minutes later.

I think my class did rather well. Unfortunately, in some classrooms, teachers forgot to lock their doors, and students were visible from the window. A few classes even left when the fire alarm went off! Overall, my principal determined the drill to be “unsatisfactory”, and told us on the PA system afterwards that we would possibly be having another CODE RED drill in the near future (without the fire alarms).

Schools should do this more often. Students need to know that a lockdown succeeds any fire alarm, because an intruder can simply pull the fire alarm to get kids out of hiding. If one actually sees smoke and fire, you’re screwed because you’ll either toast in the fire or get shot by an intruder.

Have a nice day!

We had a fire drill on June 4th. This fire drill was unusual because Mr. Carolan forgot to tell me about the drill so it was a surprise to me. He usually tells me about fire drills so I don’t get upset when the alarm goes off.

Also, our school does not do drills on the last day of school.

I doubt they’re hiding anything. Could be just the fact that the administration staff got too busy to do one. I know my high school did that. We are supposed to have 6 fire drills a year, but my final year of high school, we only did 3. I think they only did that much because they were too busy, plus it was not very common to have all the admin staff at the school. In order to do a fire drill, the school needs all 3 principals, and 2 janitors (one at the 6500 in the basement, one at the portables). If ones not there the drill isn’t happening.

Your kind of late to post.

Our system at L’Anse Creuse Middle School Central is a National Time & Signal with rebranded Gentex Commander 3’s and 4’s.

Your school has ceiling mount horn/strobes? That’s weird O_o