Fire, Inclement Weather, Lockdown, and Other Disaster Prevention Drills for the 2018-2019 School Year

Can drills in the summer when not a lot of kids are in school or for the summer semester count towards fire drills or are they extra? I can’t imagine they would count at all because a large percent of students aren’t in school.

i dont do summer school this year

I wasn’t talking about just you.

I don’t know if this counts or if it falls under “Inclement Weather” but the lightning siren at my school went off today because of insane weather and apparently lightning was detected. The thing sounded for about 15 seconds before going quiet and a white strobe flashed too, although that continued after the blast. It’s probably one of the loudest things I’ve heard in a while.

We were ordered to go inside the school until our respective busses came for safety.

Aaaaaand thats a wrap! I don’t have to deal with any more alarms until possibly summer school but definitely senior year.

Does anybody know if summer school alarms count as required alarms toward the school year or if they are separate?

plus the last fire drill that i had this month happened when it was raining

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=83982 time=1558720813 user_id=18]

Does anybody know if summer school alarms count as required alarms toward the school year or if they are separate?

[/quote]

i think theyre separate

So my school’s filming a new safety video (I won’t show you because it has my schools’ name in it), which will most likely feature the new alarms going off. but I have a feeling that this means they’ll change the west building NAs too, because otherwise for drills the video would have to have different sections for each safety procedure, and that would be annoying. The west building already has a new Siemens system from 2015 and I don’t know too much about switching NAs from horns to multifunction speakers on the same system. Who knows LOL. I’m having summer school next week so I might be able to see whether or not this is the case. I’m kinda excited…

So switching from Siemens ZH horns to the speaker/strobes?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84057 time=1559162760 user_id=18]

So switching from Siemens ZH horns to the speaker/strobes?

[/quote]

That’s what I think.

It would be weird if they replaced them after only 4 years but because they already junked the other horn/strobes, I don’t think they have any choice.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84062 time=1559181614 user_id=18]

It would be weird if they replaced them after only 4 years but because they already junked the other horn/strobes, I don’t think they have any choice.

[/quote]

It would be weird having one building with mass notification and the other building only with fire horn/strobes, then to make a new safety video for the school.

and my school year ends on friday

You still have anymore drills that need to be done?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84094 time=1559672588 user_id=18]

You still have anymore drills that need to be done?

[/quote]

well i had a fire drill today

How many more?

that’s it

i think i have next year’s one

…How can you have next years already if the next year hasn’t started yet? :roll:

i wanted to do it early