Fire, Inclement Weather, Lockdown, and Other Disaster Prevention Drills for the 2018-2019 School Year

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82030 time=1539654240 user_id=3956]

What’s a Sip Drill? Never heard of that.

[/quote]

It’s where you go into the building with all doors and windows closed and they shut down the HVAC system and fans, as if it were for a Hazardous Materials Incident. I did these in my grade school years, and they were called “Code Yellow”.

I have never had that drill at all before or even heard of it. Then again there are a lot of drills I haven’t had.

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82030 time=1539654240 user_id=3956]

What’s a Sip Drill? Never heard of that.

[/quote]

Shelter in Place

wednesday i had an earthquake and a tsunami drill when we were playing fortnite

ew fortnite

but wait what do you do during a tsunami drill the building would fall if you were on the top floor and it would flood if you were on the bottom floor

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82086 time=1540072782 user_id=3956]

ew fortnite

but wait what do you do during a tsunami drill the building would fall if you were on the top floor and it would flood if you were on the bottom floor

[/quote]

It depends on how the building is built. For example, some buildings in Japan are structured in a manner where you can immediately go to the top floor and wait since the lower half is sturdy enough. For smaller buildings, it’s generally better to move to higher ground as soon as a tsunami warning is issued.

I don’t think I have ever heard of a time where a building falls because of a tsunami. Flood yes, but not fall.

Fire Drill: 10/25/18 - 1:53 PM EDT

Had one yesterday during my 5th period Health class. Not a whole lot to say, except the system worked like it was supposed to. It startled me this time enough to where I jumped out of my seat and my heart started racing, which usually doesn’t happen since I’m expecting to, but it caught me off guard this time; I guess I should’ve guessed when I heard the principal chattering over the radio, but I digress.

I apologize for the kid who dropped an F-bomb at the beginning of the video; didn’t bother censoring it because I figure we’re all old enough to handle it, plus I can’t control what comes out of other kids’ mouths.

In this clip you can hear various Simplex 2901-9838 mechanical horns on 2903-9101 strobe plates, as well as a Wheelock HSR Exceder that is down another hallway that was added around 2010-2012ish to replace a broken 9838/2903 combo.

We exited out the cafeteria again.

Video is of the floor only due to privacy reasons and FERPA laws. Any stupid comments will be deleted off my videos, I seem to get a lot of them on these fire drill videos for whatever reason.

[YouTube]1rxhlw8s9aw[/YouTube]

Just curious. Are there any alarms actually located INSIDE any classrooms? Or are they just out in the hallways?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82132 time=1540595573 user_id=18]

Just curious. Are there any alarms actually located INSIDE any classrooms? Or are they just out in the hallways?

[/quote]

Just in the hallways.

Well that is strange. Every school I have been to had at least ONE fire alarm in a room. Even my middle school which only has four basement classrooms and the wood-shop lab had alarms in said wood-shop lab and the mechanical drawing classroom.

They’d have to be really loud to startle you? Is the classroom door always open and right outside is a horn?

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82139 time=1540676043 user_id=3956]

They’d have to be really loud to startle you? Is the classroom door always open and right outside is a horn?

[/quote]

Yeah we keep the doors open since they’re always locked anyways, that way in a lockdown all we have to do is pull the magnet (that keeps the ones with door closers on them to where they can just be pulled open as it is placed on the doorframe over the latch) and close the door.

lol we dont have that issue at our school, so when the alarms go off, its really quiet with the closed door and carpeting so nobody gets startled. Its really effective with the remote strobe on the classroom.

we had an active shooter drill yesterday

we had an active shooter drill yesterday, an alice drill on wednesday and we had a bus evac drill last monday

[quote=simplexspectralert post_id=82172 time=1540938640 user_id=4797]

we had an active shooter drill yesterday, an alice drill on wednesday and we had a bus evac drill last monday

[/quote]

we also had a reunification drill last thursday

What are Alice and Reunification drills?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82175 time=1540962601 user_id=18]

What are Alice and Reunification drills?

[/quote]

I believe ALICE stands for something refering to emergency procedures.

It got me curious too, so I looked it up.

ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training instructor led classes provide preparation and a plan for individuals and organizations on how to more proactively handle the threat of an aggressive intruder or active shooter event.