FireTech fire alarm

Has anyone ever seen this pull station is a building before:

Also, does anyone know what brand of fire alarm panel this is connected to? I’ve never heard of this brand and this is a huge airport with speaker strobes.

2 Likes

I saw one in a news broadcast once

1 Like

That’s an RSG RMS-1T-LP (probably an RMS-1T-WP-LP if it’s outdoors) labeled by what’s likely a fire alarm service company, & like many it appears to be missing the “thumbtack” (as I like to call it since it resembles one) on the bottom of the dual-action cover that allows you to lift it up.

If you tell us what other devices are in the system we might be able to estimate what panel the system has (you can’t go by just the pull stations since like I said they appear to be branded with the name of the company that services & maintains the system).

They have genesis speaker strobes, genesis remote strobes, est integrity’s, and generic speakers. I have heard this system go off before, but it uses a custom message. Also, some of the other terminals in this airport have addressable Honeywell rebranded bg-12s.

Given it’s in an airport it could be a Honeywell-rebranded Edwards/EST panel like an XLS1000 (rebranded EST3), which seem to commonly be used in airports.

The airport used to have siga 278 pull stations but now they have been replaced with the firetech pulls and Honeywell bg12 pulls.

Very strange that they would seemingly replace only the manual stations & nothing else if you ask me; any idea who the 278-series stations were branded by?

No, I was very young when they had the siga 278’s

Well those are my guesses: either some kind of Edwards/EST panel (probably an EST2 or EST3) or a Honeywell-rebranded Edwards/EST panel.

My guess is that it was originally a est panel, but it got replaced with a Honeywell xls 3000 because of the Honeywell bg12s.

I was guessing a rebranded Simplex T-bar pull with an extra cover over it but it could also be rebranded from a honeywell device.

No, that’s a FireTech-rebranded RMS-1T made by RSG, Inc., which is rebranded by many different companies: heck it’s probably the most-rebranded device in the industry!

Sigcom’s SG series are rebranded pretty often too.

Yes, but definitely not as much as the RMS-1T is.