FPLR conduit fill ?

Does anyone know what the cubic inch or conduit fill is for 18-2 FPLR wire. I looked at some tables but it only gave me individual wire counts and didn’t say anything for 18 AWG wire for 1/2 or 34 EMT. Is there a specific method or table to use for finding this out? Also is there a specific rule that states how close a smoke detector and notification appliance can be to each other when mounted on a wall, thanks.

Regarding conduit fill, most wire manufacturers have a calculator built into their website. You need to know the outside diameter of the wire to do the calculations (should be able to get that from data sheet of cable).

Belden wire

Southwire

As far as I know there is no rule for spacing of devices horizontally on a wall. There is a rule for how far from the ceiling they have to be (I think it’s 4-6" down for a smoke, 80" AFF or 6" from ceiling, whichever is lower for notification appliances - [ADA]).

I’m not pushing EST or anything, but they do make some handy reference material:

Great thanks for the help.

I’m just wondering, why do you want the smoke detector and notification so close together?

I Was doing some old work with a system sensor sounder and smoke (wall mounted) and when pulling the wire from the basement it would be easier to drill one hole for both and have then close together instead of two separate holes. Also regarding the first post box fill would be based on the individual conductors not the wire. So if it was one 18-2 FPLR wire, the wire count would be 3. (1.5 per 18 AWG wire). NFPA Table 314.16(B)

What? Fishing the wall? What kind of sorcery is that? Just kidding! I love old work for that very reason. Getting the wire from point A to point B cutting into and fishing walls. I’ve even amazed people to the point where they ask “how did you get the wire there?” But I see what you are saying - the one hole method. If anything you should be fine putting one on one side of the stud bay and the other on the other side. If anything just to give the wall board or plaster a little more stability in between the cutouts.