Gamewell M-69's

Hello all,
Our installed fire alarm system here at work has a number of Gamewell M-69 pull stations. I have seen online that these are quite rare for some reason and might be desirable for collectors. If there is any interest in these, please let me know as we could pay our service company to replace them with newer units and sell these to enthusiasts if there is any interest.
I would estimate that we have at least 10 of them.

Thank you and I apologize if this is a waste of everyone’s time.

They are desirable, and quite rare. Do they have a key lock or just a hole for a screw driver? Also, what type of signals are on your system?

Welcome to the forums! I am the owner of this site. If you did not read our rules, please do so: https://forums.thefirepanel.com/cms/rules.php … and if you have questions then send along a PM.

Anyway to respond to your post:

If you really wanted to give them some leverage, tell them the pull stations are no longer compliant with today’s ADA standards.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires a maximum of 5 pounds of pulling force to actuate. I’ve tested the M-69 pull station before and determined it takes just over 10 pounds to actuate these pull stations.

I highly doubt they would budge, even if you offered to pay for the replacement. Ten pull stations by themselves costs about $30 a pop so you’re looking at $300 in pull stations alone. Then you have to schedule someone to do the work for a few hours, and by the averages I have seen in the industry for labor rate, it looks like this would end up costing about $1000 to do.

Can you at least snap a picture of one when you get a chance? Depending on what it looks like I may be interested in one, especially if it is the rarer dual-action version.

I might be interested in one also.

These are $21. Plus say 10 shipping, so say $30. I think these would work
http://www.tclifesafety.com/Fire-Lite-BG12SL-Single-Action-Pull-wKey-Lock_p_988.html

Aren’t those addressable though?

How much is an M-69. And will you guys be replacing the signals/ entire system?

lilrags, I doubt they’d end up ordering pull stations from some website because the fire alarm service company would likely just provide them. Besides, many AHJs are starting to require that pull stations, if keyed, take the same key as the FACP, and if it is not a Fire-Lite FACP then they will not be able to comply.

ccs46, If there is an “X” in the model number then it is addressable. BG-12SL means single action with key lock.

You tell that to my city!! Honeywell pulls, SK panel…

If you managed to get them down, I might be interested in buying one of them for a reasonable price.

I’d probably buy one, old or not.

It is possible to replace the lock on a panel, for example, if on a Simplex system, Notifier pulls replaced old Simplex pulls, the lock on the panel could easily be swapped for a Notifier lock.

I Remember Brandon saying in a post about his schools alarms that they had no strobes. If his state does not have the requirement that they have strobes could it be the same with the key being the same requirement? Brandon: Why you hating on your school again? XD

PRE ADA BUILDING THAT HAS NO STROBES!

Why you got to use all caps? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have explained that to you like 5 times…
I think we should wait for the OP to responed

On the topic of the M69, I have found a few things:

1. There was an option for key reset
  2. There was a general alarm switch
  3. It was dual action (obtained from one of NewAgeServerAlarm’s videos
  4. They had a break glass option

A nice pull overall, a shame it was discontinued, and not even replaced with an ADA-compliant second generation. Even I couldn’t find any documentation other than inspection notes.

I’ve removed the discussion about whether the above post is a bump. It adds new information to the topic, so I decided to let it slide. Please keep any further discussion here on-topic. Thanks!

Perhaps the Gamewell BG-12 is the replacement? Although, it wouldn’t seem right.

Gamewell also used the Century series for a long time, up until the 90s if I recall correctly, which is ADA-compliant. They used it until Gamewell and FCI merged, from then on using the MS-7 (BG-12) series that FCI had used for awhile too. I’ve also seen BG-12LXs with Gamewell labels on them too, no FCI, so I think that when they were both owned by Pittway but before they merged they used the same pull stations.