Got to hear a Siren Test for the first time in 2 years + a Siren Fail

Well, not only did I have state testing on Wednesday (April 3rd, 2024), I heard a siren test for the first time in over 2 years (I live in the middle of nowhere). Unfortunately, the siren that was closest to me (a Federal Signal 2001-130) failed to activate, but it wasn’t a total loss since I could hear a nearby Federal Signal Eclipse-8 for the first time in my life. I reported the siren fail to my county’s EMA the next morning, so hopefully they get the 2001-130 fixed.

1 Like

I’m glad you got to hear that! My area also had its first test of the year on March 29th. I actually woke up at 9:30 to the sound of the 2001-130 outside of my house because I had completely forgotten about it.

Yeah, I wish I lived next to or nearby a siren instead of 30 minutes away from town in the middle of nowhere (which is why i haven’t heard a siren in over 2 years). My county tests at Noon. I never heard of places testing their sirens at 9:30.

Yeah, it’s pretty early. We test on the last Friday of every month where it is above freezing temperature.