HELP fire alarm will not silence

I own a hotel out in the middle of nowhere. Will take a while to get a service guy here. I have an old edwards panel 5754b. I have a full house for this memorial weekend. The alarm for my first floor was activated, not the problem chirp but a full blown alarm sound for smoke. Found no smoke or fire and my building is still standing, Ha. I have reset before but this comes back on in 30 seconds when I reset. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to look to try to fix this . Bad part? loose wire? Im perplexed! THANKS!

The 5754B is a conventional panel and without knowing the specifics of what’s on each zone you would likely have to run a full troubleshooting procedure, so that’s probably better done by a service technician. If you need a quick and dirty way to get the system to shut up for when company comes, the best thing to do is to disable the zone that the alarm is coming from. Whatever zone that is, press the disable button/switch above the zone. You will probably hear a trouble tone come from the panel, so you will also want to press the trouble silence button/switch as well. That will disable the zone and silence the trouble until your service tech comes to fix the issue proper.

Hope this helps,

Yep I did that, Im just wondering what the heck is going on.

If there is a short in the zone, this will cause the alarm. Could also be a bad detector. If you have a multimeter, check for shorts. You can also pull down one device at a time to see if the reset holds and determine which device may be bad if any.

These are just some basic troubleshooting things.