Help with 4004

Help please! my 4004 is malfunctioning. Video shows the issue. There is another vid on my channel about it. Subscribe if you like my vids.

I’ve seen this on my 4004, where the alarm indicator lights up and the piezo sounds, but no fire alarm. I notice you have troubles on both the zones and NACs despite resistors in place. Do you have 10k resistors on the NACs and 6.8k resistors on the zones? If you have the wrong resistors or open circuits, you may not get a proper response from the panel.

The reason your panel glitches out when the alarm flashes is a known issue with 4004s. For some reason, using march time with certain signals causes the characters to bug out. This doesn’t affect the panel’s operation though.

I wouldn’t recommend shutting the panel off while it’s resetting or processing things, could lead to unintended issues.

Problem fixed!!! Idk why the alarm automatically trips when pull is in normal mode. Probaly wrong ohms for resistor

This has been a problem from the start, the panel resets and the “alarm silence” light is still on. I looked it up and found out the panel thinks it is still in alarm. Is the 10k ohm resistor on the zone 1 a problem?

Most likely. If you have an open circuit or the incorrect resistor on a zone, the 4004 will not reset if that zone is in alarm.