HenBasket’s Dormitory Evacuations!

[quote=firealarmveteran15 post_id=81872 time=1538405772 user_id=854]

From the description of that video, the date (not the publish date) says 8/29/18. Are you sure about that?

[/quote]

Yes. I decided to delay the upload because I had a scheduled upload very close to when it went off.

What’s this, a reply by HenBasket? Could there be another video? Yup.

[YouTube]LmD2D9aZ2YM[/YouTube]

[YouTube]4hP6jvDrQiY[/YouTube]

Should I even bother anymore?

[YouTube]AXin4GBcC-A[/YouTube]

[quote=HenBasket post_id=81912 time=1538690599 user_id=3469]

Should I even bother anymore?

[/quote]

I’d say keep the videos going, your reactions are hilarious. I can certainly relate, especially with your reaction at the beginning of this one. I would be THAT angry (and probably using the same words you said) if the fire alarm kept going off in my dorm that much, it’s a serious disruption to studies, everyone’s moods, etc.

Why college dorms don’t hunt down and keep track of who keeps setting off the alarms, I don’t know. Aside from potentially fining students for everytime the fire department has to travel to the dorm, there should be some strike system in place for those who set off the alarms. While accidents may happen (in one case, your roommates), there should be some disciplinary action in place for repeat offenders. This would be EASY to do with an addressable system, just track down which detector in which room set off the alarm! Maybe THIS would at least scare students in being more careful with cooking, other “recreational” activities. etc.

It is addressable. It’s just a different suite every time.

[quote=HenBasket post_id=81918 time=1538699176 user_id=3469]

It is addressable. It’s just a different suite every time.

[/quote]

You would think it would be the same couple of suites setting it off. It would be interesting to see in the future if there’s repeat offenders. Seems like when one person accidentally sets it off, they (hopefully) learn from the mistake.

Well at least you can rest well in the knowledge that you aren’t stupid enough ti set the alarms off yourself. LOL

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81940 time=1538877789 user_id=18]

Well at least you can rest well in the knowledge that you aren’t stupid enough ti set the alarms off yourself. LOL

[/quote]

You were saying? Thankfully, we didn’t need to evacuate, but…

[YouTube]1xrWGuacaIY[/YouTube]

Oopsies. Looks like I jinxed you then. XD

It was actually caused by gunk on the burner. Last person didn’t clean it, so it smoked.

Looks like being a sloppy cook isn’t something you ever grow out of even when you start living on your own. LOL

A 12:16 alarm? Uhg.

[YouTube]j0qx7fW5mSo[/YouTube]

Well at least the alarms are TrueAlerts and not something ear-piercing like 2DCDs or 4051s.

Oops. Forgot to share a couple

[YouTube]EGt8SVg4bIU[/YouTube]
[YouTube]SYOeKTCmZcs[/YouTube]

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82115 time=1540364842 user_id=18]

Well at least the alarms are TrueAlerts and not something ear-piercing like 2DCDs or 4051s.

[/quote]

No, they are pretty ear piercing. Especially given the acoustics of the halls and suites.

I guess it depends what that person thinks is ear-piercing is everybody is different and what one person thinks is painfully loud might not be that bad to others.

Another one happened.

[YouTube]jK58mg6GFEE[/YouTube]

Pretty soon the sound of a TrueAlert will be imprinted into your brain. XD

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82165 time=1540880468 user_id=18]

Pretty soon the sound of a TrueAlert will be imprinted into your brain. XD

[/quote]

Soon? That happened a month ago!

Now whenever you hear anything that sounds like a TrueAlert even if its not you’ll end up walking outside in an orderly fashion. XD